Musical production!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musical production!

An Israeli dairy farmer is crediting classical music with increasing the milk production of his cows.

Avraham Sindlis of Givat Haim Ihud in the past two years has seen his kibbutz's cowshed move up to 11th place in Israeli milk production from 102nd.

His secret? Playing the works of Mozart, Beethoven and Strauss to the cows.

"It's pleasant for them, and for me, too, and it passes the day," Sindlis told Yediot Achronot on Thursday. "It may be hard to prove scientifically, but the quantities of milk speak for themselves."
    'Man know thyself'

This experiment has been done several times always with the same ending. Obviously some animals prefer classical music and their production is better. They've also experimented with other types of music such as 'rap music' with a completely opposite effect. The animals tend to 'shut down' as do I!
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Interesting Peter, thank you for sharing that.

Interestingly enough, I was listening to NPR not that long ago and there was a wine maker who was talking about how they made their wine. He said that classical music had a bad effect when it came to wine making! He said that the vibrations didn't work with the wine correctly. So he used hard rock and heavy metal. Then he names his wines after the name of the music that he played while making them. Such as Metallica Wine, so to say.

Well here is the story, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16372623 .

It sounds like he is trying to come up with a way for his wine to sell to me. So he uses more popular bands and then sells them for mega bucks and lies about the whole how hard rock works with making wine.
      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Classical Mooosic?

Comment

Which Moooovement?
          Zevy

Comment

The Moooonlight Sonata. Ah....I could listen to that until the cows come home....

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
              The Moooonlight Sonata. Ah....I could listen to that until the cows come home....
              Was that written by Moooozart or by Mooooscheles?
              "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

I feel so moooooved.

Comment

dair y say I think you're milking it a bit guys?
                  Beethoven the Man!

Comment

This conversation is getting udderly ridiculous.

Comment

I seem to recall a parody my Allan Sherman in which the following verse appears:

"In Wisconsin they dance on fresh butter,
                      which they squeeze from one cow or an udder!"
                      "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Working...
                      X