Was Beethoven a citeog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Beethoven a citeog?

I have never been given a satisfactory answer to this question. The only evidence I have been presented with has been based on a number of portraits and sounds very flimsy indeed.
    However, in today's Sunday Times, a recent survey has shown that "citeogs are 5% more likely to suffer from depression" and our friend is mentioned again in company with such luminaries as Bob Geldof, Marilyn Monroe and Kurt Cobain.
    I know that years ago many citeogs would have been "cured" at an early age but nowadays the tendency is not to interfere with nature.
    I really do not feel like ploughing through my Thayer in search of an answer that might not be there, so does anybody know FOR CERTAIN if B was a citeog ?
    What's a citeog, you may ask? Paul McCartney is one, and so is John McEnroe. It's what we in Ireland call a left-hander or southpaw, and is pronounced Kit-ogue (rhymes with rogue).
    Well - was he or wasn't he?

Beethoven was not a left-hander. Although his name appears mistakenly on several websites devoted to left-handers, Beethoven was a righty.

BTW, do you know where the expression "southpaw" comes from?
    "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
      BTW, do you know where the expression "southpaw" comes from?
      No. Isn't it usually a boxing term?

Comment

No, Michael, it comes from baseball! Over 100 years ago when baseball started to be organized, the baseball stadiums did not have lights, compelling games to be played in the afternoons. So that the sun will not be in the eyes of the batters, stadiums were aligned so that the pitchers threw east to west. The right half of the pitcher is in the north, and his left half is in the south. Hence, southpaw is a pitcher who throws with his left hand.

Nothing sinister about the word "southpaw." OOPS, there is something sinister!! The word "sinister" is sinister, Latin meaning "from the left."

To return us to the thread, I repeat: Beethoven was not "sinistral."
        "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Working...
        X