No announcement yet.

Schubert and Solomon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cetto, stand up for yourself and post on this forum! I command you, ! Philip you shouldn't rail against Cetto , just because he has different beliefs then you, and I will get back to your post hopefully.
    Last edited by Preston; 07-11-2008, 05:46 AM.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
      And damn. Stop asking intelligent questions, or how else do you expect me to achieve "escape velocity" from this forum !!?
      Why bother "escaping"? You love it here and you know it! So you might as well hanker down and stay awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
        To you it is, and apparently very much.

You can't just say that people who do not feel that it is fascinating, do not value art. There are many different types of people with many different thoughts towards this modern movement, the new musicology. I am not saying that it is not interesting though and I am not saying that I understand the new musicology as well as you do.

What book is a good book to read about the new musicology?

Best Regards,
        Preston
        Von Crouton seems oblivious to your urgent pleadings, Preston. Perhaps he is too busy (we understand this).

A good book to read about the new musicology ? OK. Here is a serious recommendation (a very, very simplistic 'introduction') to the issues, but nevertheless a very stimulating first approach :

Nicholas Cook : Music, A Very Short Introduction, (Oxford University Press, 1998).

It's not expensive, and easily available from Amazon. Read this, and get back to me.

Regards,

Philip

Comment

I don't have any urgent pleadings.

Thank you for the book recommendation. Hopefully, I will give it a look.
          - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
            I don't have any urgent pleadings.

Thank you for the book recommendation. Hopefully, I will give it a look.
            Read it Preston, you won't be disappointed. Promise !

Comment

And talking of gender issues, where the hell is PDG these days? I would have expected the smelly old Britisher onion to start his rake stomping again. PDG?
              Oh.....I'm still here, don'tcha know.....Thanks for missing me.
              I've been busying myself with polishing my steel-capped Doc Martens in an attempt to help you achieve your escape velocity.....

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                Oh.....I'm still here, don'tcha know.....Thanks for missing me.
                I've been busying myself with polishing my steel-capped Doc Martens in an attempt to help you achieve your escape velocity.....
                Written on the hoof, so to speak : My God, PDG, you finally emerge into the light ! By the way, are Doc Martens now de rigeur on the golf courses you frequent? If so, please propose me for membership.

Comment

Written on the hoof, so to speak : My God, PDG, you finally emerge into the light ! By the way, are Doc Martens now de rigeur on the golf courses you frequent? If so, please propose me for membership.
                  Sorry, Phil. We all know the French are useless at golf...

Comment

Sorry, Phil. We all know the French are useless at golf...
                    That never stopped the Brits trying to win some prize or other at skiing, Eddie !

Comment

I have a perfectly good excuse - my goggles fell off...

Comment

I have a perfectly good excuse - my goggles fell off...

Did you know that in Alsatian dialect "goggles" means "testicles"?

Comment

I think they fell off, too...

Comment

I think they fell off, too...

Get ye to the "Comedy Corner" thread, devil !

Comment

Working...
                            X