No announcement yet.

Karl van Beethoven...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And should I engage the services of a lawyer, before we continue?

Comment

I note also (with trepidation), that whenever I post it seems to attract the most "visits". Perhaps this is down to schadenfreude?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        I note also (with trepidation), that whenever I post it seems to attract the most "visits". Perhaps this is down to schadenfreude?
        With PDG's absence where else can we get that sharp wit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          With PDG's absence where else can we get that sharp wit?
          Your icons inform me that you are cool, confused, happy and have a tongue sticking out. A strange gamut of emotions - are you taking anything for this condition?

Comment

Your icons inform me that you are cool, confused, happy and have a tongue sticking out. A strange gamut of emotions - are you taking anything for this condition?
            Any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
              Any recommendations?
              More Beethoven ! Hah !

Comment

More Beethoven ! Hah !

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                  After reading those three chapters, I find Thayer's book to consist largely of letters with minor details about the composer's looks, thoughts, living quarters, etc.
                  Just an update, I take all of this back. Thayer's book is phenomenal! If you have not read this, then you must. I recently finished reading about the final trial where Beethoven took the case against his sister in law to the Court of Appeals. It is very detailed. He uses the littlest words but with great strength. Maynard Solomon, Edmund Morris, and some other ones I have read come nowhere close to Thayer, it seems, not to say that they aren't decent. Thayer's book is huge, detailed, great, etc.!
                  - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                    Just an update, I take all of this back. Thayer's book is phenomenal! If you have not read this, then you must. I recently finished reading about the final trial where Beethoven took the case against his sister in law to the Court of Appeals. It is very detailed. He uses the littlest words but with great strength. Maynard Solomon, Edmund Morris, and some other ones I have read come nowhere close to Thayer, it seems, not to say that they aren't decent. Thayer's book is huge, detailed, great, etc.!
                    Splendid, Preston. Thayer is, as the French say, "incontournable". But can one say that any "history" is totally objective? I say this in light of the ongoing debate about the Immortal Beloved (see elsewhere on this forum).
                    Last edited by Quijote; 07-12-2008, 09:54 PM. Reason: French spelling

Comment

ROTFL

Whoa that's a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Angel View Post
                        ROTFL

Whoa that's a good one!
                        I seem to have at least one fan on this forum. Thank you, Angel. Or are you being ironic? It's not always easy to "read" the tone of the postings !

Comment

I seem to have at least one fan on this forum. Thank you, Angel. Or are you being ironic? It's not always easy to "read" the tone of the postings !
                          Again Philip, way too modest - I'm sure I speak for all when I say your posts are thought provoking, witty and intelligent even if I don't agree with you!!
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                            Again Philip, way too modest - I'm sure I speak for all when I say your posts are thought provoking, witty and intelligent even if I don't agree with you!!
                            I'm sure many disagree with you. Whatever. Time to launch the "Solomon and the Immortal Beloved" thread.

Comment

I'm sure many disagree with you.
                              They do...

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                                They do...
                                I have always counted on you, PDG. And you never fail to deliver. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X