Which piece would you recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which piece would you recommend

I would like to hear everyone's input on which Beethoven piece I could start learning that is not TOO hard to play (as I am still very much a beginner). Are there any pieces that are easier and that you might recommend? I would appreciate any suggestions you would give me.

Difficult one Julie - you are going to have to rely on transcriptions and arrangements as none of the piano music is really suitable for a beginner - what you need is a book that offers easy Classical themes. Why not ask at your local music shop?

The Sonatinas are some of Beethoven's easiest piano music, but even they are around grade 2/3 level.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

"Pathetique" sonata

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig Amadeus Schubert:
        "Pathetique" sonata
        I Like it Mr Schubert!!

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

When I first started playing piano (about 20 yrs. ago), The 'Minuet in G' was my first Beethoven piece and then came 'Fur Elise'.

Joy
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Sorry I wasn't paying attention. Since you're a beginner I wouldn't recommend the Pathetique Sonata at all but I think you could start working on 'Fur Elise'.

If you can play that one already, then you should try the 'Sonatina in G' or 'Sonatina in F'. They are quite refreshing =]

Comment

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I have taken down the pieces you have suggested and am anxious to go to the music store now!!! Believe me, your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

And guess what, I have just been given a wonderful gift! Last night my piano teacher gave me a 3 cd set "Beethoven Symphonies & overtures, conductor Leonard Bernstein" with the Vienna Philharmonic. It contains Symphonies 1, 2, 3, 7, 4 and overture Op.84 and Op.62. I can't wait to listen to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig Amadeus Schubert:
                Sorry I wasn't paying attention.
                Pity, I thought your earlier response was (or now would have been) an excellent cynical joke, bearing in mind the responses to your own post regarding the Pathetique.

------------------
                "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
                X