Happy Birthday Mozart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Mozart!

Cheers to the great 18th Century composer!

Indeed - and to Verdi who died this day 1901.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
      Cheers to the great 18th Century composer!

Would anyone care to indicate when it was that LVB made the very first decisive steps away from Mozart?

Was it in the bold declaration opening the Eroica?

Or was it a gradual evolution in which LVB ultimately wrestled to the ground Mozart's legacy?

Was the final movement of LVB's 5th the final triumph over Mozart's Jupiter finale?

Is there any historical record to indicate that LVB actively tried to overcome the shadows of Mozart's creative outputs?

A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage

Comment

Yes, a happy anniversary for us all. I was born a couple days shy of sharing a birthday with Mr. M.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbfanatic View Post
          Would anyone care to indicate when it was that LVB made the very first decisive steps away from Mozart?

Was it in the bold declaration opening the Eroica?

Or was it a gradual evolution in which LVB ultimately wrestled to the ground Mozart's legacy?

Was the final movement of LVB's 5th the final triumph over Mozart's Jupiter finale?

Is there any historical record to indicate that LVB actively tried to overcome the shadows of Mozart's creative outputs?

Well this really needs its own thread, but I don't see it in those terms. Beethoven wasn't thinking that he had to outdo Mozart or Haydn - interesting that your question makes reference to Mozart only, but Haydn was a more celebrated figure at that time, and most importantly still living and composing! The problem was in having something new to say with the classical forms. Yes the Eroica is an obvious example of the new (2nd period), but it is evident earlier elsewhere in the sonatas from Op.26 on.
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Moonscore View Post
            Yes, a happy anniversary for us all. I was born a couple days shy of sharing a birthday with Mr. M.
            You and my Mom too! A day after actually. Happy Birthday to you!
            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
              You and my Mom too! A day after actually. Happy Birthday to you!
              Thank you very much! And a happy birthday to your mother. It's also funny that my grandfather was a couple days shy of elvis' birthday.

Comment

Indeed, Happy Birthday MOZART

I recently read that Mozart was also one of the finer billiards players in Europe and that he gained inspiration for his music from listening to the click of the balls and the soft thud as they bounced off the green baize of the billiard table.

No end to his talents

🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                  I recently read that Mozart was also one of the finer billiards players in Europe and that he gained inspiration for his music from listening to the click of the balls and the soft thud as they bounced off the green baize of the billiard table.
                  I remember there were shots of him composing at his billiards table in Amadeus.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonscore View Post
                    Thank you very much! And a happy birthday to your mother. It's also funny that my grandfather was a couple days shy of elvis' birthday.
                    Thanks very much!

Comment

Hey, did everyone forget Schubert's birthday: 31 January!?
                      "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
                        Hey, did everyone forget Schubert's birthday: 31 January!?
                        A belated happy birthday to Schubert!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                          A belated happy birthday to Schubert!
                          Big deal! What about my birthday on the 25th January!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            A MUCH belated happy birthday to you! And may you have many, many more! (Mozart and Schubert sort of ran out of those, you know.)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Happy Birthday to you, Michael! Hope it was a happy one!

Comment

Working...
                              X