Pictures of Beethoven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Philip ,

I do have photographs of that event, though they are on someone else's digital. She has promised to forward those to me--eventually--I will let you know, of course. You'd have loved the dress, btw.

I went to the symphony a week ago-Pinkas Zucherman was the conductor. Wonderful event, there is another all- Beethoven symphony coming to my home town on April 4th. They will be performing the Pastorale!!

So now I have a Philip and a Phil who both share my Beethoven passion...perhaps "Accomplace 1" and "Accomplace 2" would be more appropriate

Ciao,

TC
    "He lays entombed in the sepulchre of immortality." -Anonymous

"Wine is both necessary and good for me." -LVB

Comment

Originally posted by TiberiaClaudia View Post
      Dear Philip ,

So now I have a Philip and a Phil who both share my Beethoven passion...perhaps "Accomplace 1" and "Accomplace 2" would be more appropriate

Ciao,

TC
      LOL

I hope the Pastoral is good TC. The Leeds College of Music are performing the Eroica on 2nd March, should be interesting, I hope. The Eroica would probably be my 1 CD I would have as my top Desert Island Disc, by the way. Are you familiar with the radio programme?
      P.S. Liked the photos on the the other thread TC

Comment

Dear Philip ,

I do have photographs of that event, though they are on someone else's digital. She has promised to forward those to me--eventually--I will let you know, of course. You'd have loved the dress, btw.

I went to the symphony a week ago-Pinkas Zucherman was the conductor. Wonderful event, there is another all- Beethoven symphony coming to my home town on April 4th. They will be performing the Pastorale!!

Ciao,

TC
        Dear TC : we wait patiently for your friend to deliver said photos. I am in no doubt whatsoever that I would have loved your dress.

Talking of photos, I have several clichés (I use this term in its strict French sense) of CvC dancing half-naked in a rather fetching pink tutu on Schindler's presumed ex-grave (if I may so term it). Would you care to see them? And will CvC's immense intelligence allow such ribaldry? I think we should be told! Or do we risk incurring the wrath of Peter?

Comment

Dear Phil (Accomplace 1)-

No, I've not heard the radio program you mentioned...I wonder if they broadcast on this side of the pond?? I don't listen to the radio much, though--too many store-bought classical CDs to take it up

Hmm....if I were stranded on a desert Island (with accomplace 2) my number one Beethoven CD would have to be of the seventh. I love all of the seventh symphony! What say you, Philip?

I'm so looking forward to the first weekend in April. Also happy you liked the other link! I risked incurring the said wrath of Sir Peter to deliver Accomplace 2 and PDG (aka "rake-stomper") an early Christmas present. Happy late Christmas to you, as well

Accomplace 2!!!!--

Unfortunately my friend isn't always reliable when it comes to promising things via e mail... The dress was black and white and I'm sure Beethoven would have thought it scandalous

I had the pleasure of meething Heidi from these boards and she allowed me to borrow several books, one by Gerhard von Breuning (sp?) that is an account of LvB's final days. He is complimentary to Schindler, which surprises me since most people aren't. He is not at all complimentary to Johann.

I'm still curious about Schindler's gravesite, though! With pink tutus or without! Oh, and as long as you're running underground photos, Accomplace 2, I may have something more to contribute...but my fetching tutu is black with minimal frills...

Signed,

Accomplace 3

Comment

[QUOTE=TiberiaClaudia;38854]Dear Philip ,

The Phoenix Symphony performed The Pastorale last week and it was wonderful! Aso performed Mozart's Symphony No. 31 (Paris) another great performance. Next month for my birthday I'm being treated to a performance of Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 by pianist Andre Watts. Looking forward to it!
            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Joy-

I'm SO jealous! I have to wait until April to hear the Pastorale

My husband does a lot of traveling for his company and was in Phoenix not too long ago. He liked it--the Coyotes are one of his favorite hockey teams, tho we did get out of watching sports over the last year or so. He left for Florida again today. If Kawasaki Inc. ever goes international (I.E. Vienna) I'm dropping out of college to go along!

Happy Birthday in advance!

TC

Comment

Joy-

I'm SO jealous! I have to wait until April to hear the Pastorale

My husband does a lot of traveling for his company and was in Phoenix not too long ago. He liked it--the Coyotes are one of his favorite hockey teams, tho we did get out of watching sports over the last year or so. He left for Florida again today. If Kawasaki Inc. ever goes international (I.E. Vienna) I'm dropping out of college to go along!

Happy Birthday in advance!

TC
                Thanks for the birthday greetings. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Pastorale. I've seen it performed many times and it's always great. We go to the Coyotes games every now and then, great fun! Don't forget to tune into the Superbowl this Sunday as it's in Phoenix this year. That's all that's been in the news recently.
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                X