Received the Sony Box Set Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received the Sony Box Set Today!

I ordered it from Fye.com on December 24th...it took over two weeks to arrive (four phone calls to Fye.com!), but it's finally here!

The packaging is very nice....I'm glad that there are some fairly substantial liner notes included on CD-ROM #61. I'm going to keep the box right on top of my stereo for many months to come!

I am SO looking forward to delving into this collection. I am what you would call a "novice" Beethoven fanatic...I took a Beethoven course in college 20 years ago, and I know just enough music theory to get by. Up until now, I've spent 95% of my Beethoven listening time with the Symphonies, Piano Concertos, Piano Sonatas and, to a lesser extent, the String Quartets. It will be a real joy to "discover" all of the other great gems that are included in this 60-CD set (Piano Trios, Violin Sonatas, Missa Solemnis, Fidelio, etc.).

FYI, the price at Fye.com is $38, and they supposedly have sets still available. If anyone is interested, you might want to log on and place an order!

Thanks for the feedback on my earlier post. I look forward to posting again soon with some of my "expert" (ha!) reviews of the Sony collection.

Regards...Bob.

I also received this set today as an unexpected gift from a friend - also looking forward to hearing some different performances.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

How's the sound quality on this puppy, you two?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidO View Post
        How's the sound quality on this puppy, you two?
        I listened to Christ on the Mount of Olives (the music! ) but it was on my lesser quality speakers. I found it a little dry, but later on I listened to Das Lebewohl Op.81a on the good ones and I thought the sound was fine.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
        X