Finding a replica of the Bust by Franz Klein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a replica of the Bust by Franz Klein

Does anyone out there know where an exact replica of the Franz Klein bust of Beethoven could be purchased? Been looking a very long time and all other bust are distorted.
    My Email is Verichini@hotmail.com
    Thanks

------------------
    Ronald A. Kidd
    Ronald A. Kidd

Originally posted by verichini:
    Does anyone out there know where an exact replica of the Franz Klein bust of Beethoven could be purchased? Been looking a very long time and all other bust are distorted.
    Thanks
    I've been looking for one for years as well! I've got a different bronze bust of B that is an adequate resemblance (just about), but I have seen far worse.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

The Franz Klein bust of Beethoven made in 1812 must reside in a museum-Anyone out there know where this museum is?
      Verichini@hotmail.com
      Ronald A. Kidd

Comment

Thanks

I guess the best way to find it is at ebay.com

Comment

The Franz Klein bust of Beethoven made in 1812 must reside in a museum-Anyone out there know where this museum is?
          Verichini@hotmail.com
          I'm pretty sure it's at the Beethovenhaus Bonn - Claudie should be able to help with this one

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Joined the site to ask this exact question.

Searched the forum before starting a thread about it. ....Internet points for me. :P

So DOES anyone know any sites that sell Franz Klein Beethoven busts?

...oh, and hello one and all.

Lastly, it has not escaped me that the question was posed in 2001 and never answered....

Comment

Welcome lextune , I don't know the answer to your question, but what comes to mind at the moment is the Beethovenhaus in Bonn may have such a bust.

Yes, here I have found a link to the shop where there are three pages of busts for you to browse through.

http://www.beethoven-haus-bonn.de/si...i3821&_seite=1

http://www.beethoven-haus-bonn.de/si...d=39156&skip=0

Last edited by Megan; 01-28-2015, 06:38 AM.
              ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

The original bust produced by Klein had been in the possession of the Streicher family until the beginning of the 20th century. (Thereafter it became the possession of the Historical Museum of the City of Vienna) In 1890, a mold was made for the Beethoven-Haus in Bonn based on this original bust. This mold, too, had been copied and casted several times.
                Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

That first link is indeed the bust I, (we), have long been looking for, but the second link to the actual busts they sell does not contain it. They have three pages of busts that just look bad in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X