On This Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On This Day!

(As Ruudp already mentioned in another thread) 1791 -- Death of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Vienna, age 35. Listening to his Prague symphony.
    'Truth and beauty joined'

And Walt Disney was born, 1901. Another one of my biggest influences. Also, does anyone have special plans for the 16th this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
      (As Ruudp already mentioned in another thread) 1791 -- Death of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Vienna, age 35. Listening to his Prague symphony.
      Yes, Joy, and Prague was the only city to honour him with a Requiem Mass after his death.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonscore View Post
        And Walt Disney was born, 1901. Another one of my biggest influences. Also, does anyone have special plans for the 16th this year?
        Since we're unsure whether his birthday is 16th or 17th, let's make it a two-day party!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
          Since we're unsure whether his birthday is 16th or 17th, let's make it a two-day party!
          16th is the most likely, but your suggestion isn't a bad one!
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Brilliant PDG! We need a special game thread or something to celebrate. I'll bring the cider and... oh wait, darn.

Comment

What's the problem, Moonscore? Are you under the legal age? That never stopped me (hic...).

Comment

What's the problem, Moonscore? Are you under the legal age? That never stopped me (hic...).

ROFL! Hey, you know, If you're buying...

Comment

Sounds great! I love to party!

Comment

I read somewhere (hic) that nobody really knows the date of Beethoven's birth, except that it was December 1770. So, to honour this, I have been celebrating since December the first - in a very discreet way, of course (hic).
                    I'm fully aware that the Master never consumed alcohol so I am being very careful with my alcohol constipation - I mean, consumption ......... (That's TB in 19th century connotations, isn't it?)
                    (This proves that I'm sober, because if I were drunk, I wouldn't be able to spel coonotaaaations, would I?)
                    Who stole my delete button .................??????
                    Look, I'll get back to you when I find it ......
                    This is embarrassssssing. I think I'll listen to something sober .... like the last movement of the Seventh Symphony ................

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I read somewhere (hic) that nobody really knows the date of Beethoven's birth, except that it was December 1770. So, to honour this, I have been celebrating since December the first - in a very discreet way, of course (hic).
                      I'm fully aware that the Master never consumed alcohol so I am being very careful with my alcohol constipation - I mean, consumption ......... (That's TB in 19th century connotations, isn't it?)
                      (This proves that I'm sober, because if I were drunk, I wouldn't be able to spel coonotaaaations, would I?)
                      Who stole my delete button .................??????
                      Look, I'll get back to you when I find it ......
                      This is embarrassssssing. I think I'll listen to something sober .... like the last movement of the Seventh Symphony ................
                      I've never seen anyone use more icons than you!

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
                        I've never seen anyone use more icons than you!

Yes, I was a bit over the top due to a small celebration we were having. However, I would like to assure you all that no icons were harmed during that last message.

Comment

connection?

Would it be a coincidence that Mozart and Walt Disney were both Masons, and Beethoven maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Yes, I was a bit over the top due to a small celebration we were having. However, I would like to assure you all that no icons were harmed during that last message.

Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by philipR View Post
                              Would it be a coincidence that Mozart and Walt Disney were both Masons, and Beethoven maybe?
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X