Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who have listened to Beethoven...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those who have listened to Beethoven...

in approximate chronological order, how do you express in words what the rest of the world is missing...? From the Dressler variations, to the opus 1's, to the Op. 24 violin sonata, Eroica, 5th, Archduke, 9th, last piano sonatas and string quartets, and everything in between, the gradual unfolding of the human spirit is brought forward in glaring light. But hardly anyone "gets it".

They are missing the ultimate example of all that human expression can, has, or will be.

The biggest contributor is the lack of real appreciation in the world today -mainly from my peers in the realm of modern youth. Americans like myself live in a self-centered culture bound by the shackles of love of convenience and fear of the alternative. How can we truly expect a generation of entertainment junkies to understand that one must give something of themselves to art so that they can receive much more in return. We cannot, but we the few can still influence the world around us for the better, and, maybe in the process, open eyes to the standards of true beauty.

Comment

Well put, Moonscore!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
        Well put, Moonscore!
        Thank you, Sorrano

Did Salt Lake have pleasant weather for thanksgiving? We had a fair bit of rain over here in Nashville.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonscore View Post
          Thank you, Sorrano

Did Salt Lake have pleasant weather for thanksgiving? We had a fair bit of rain over here in Nashville.
          The weather here was not too bad, a bit hazy but also a bit cold. No precipitation, though. But with all the food that was hardly noticeable!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
            The weather here was not too bad, a bit hazy but also a bit cold. No precipitation, though. But with all the food that was hardly noticeable!
            Amen. My plate was dominated by homestyle mac and cheese, stuffing, and green bean casserole -the culinary triumvirate of my taste buds...

Comment

Working...
            X