• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make an effort (continued)

Comment

to rectify that.

Comment

Isn't there another thread about quantity versus quality?

Comment

tsk tsk tsk..surely we're not posting just to be in the top 10:O...I've refrained from posting for some time because I have nothing usefull to say and

ow my, I've been tricked again><

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
            Hey, Phil, that reminds me of the joke involving the two macho geniuses, the Frenchman and the trollop. When I can remember the punchline, I'll post it here.
            Sounds exactly the sort of thing I like!
            I like the word 'trollop', both for its archaism and its 'sonic' quality. Am I a nerd? You needn't reply to that, PDG !!
            Seriously, the joke, please !!!!!

Comment

Hi Phil.

The trollop longed for the geniuses' mental muscle because she could only produce tripe, for which the Frenchman supplied the onions.

Comment

Hi Phil.

The trollop longed for the geniuses' mental muscle because she could only produce tripe, for which the Frenchman supplied the onions.

Excellent. Talking of 'rakes' on golf courses (see thread elsewhere), are your onions still in bandages?

Comment

Perhaps Chris could list a Posters' Top 10? I think I'm at no.8 behind Peter, Rod (who he?), Joy, Chris, Sorrano, Gurn & Chaszz.
                  Not that I believe in polls etc, but what about the 'Top 10' in terms of visits to threads? It seems then, unless I am mistaken, that they are :

1) What are you listening to?
                  2) Tavener, can't quite forgive Beethoven.

Is this significant? I think we should be told. Pip pip !!

Comment

Still, I'm no Einstein as you have noticed, as my 'Top 10' comprises only two threads. Nor am I a philosopher, as Sorrano has suggested. What an insult to my ego !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                      Excellent. Talking of 'rakes' on golf courses (see thread elsewhere), are your onions still in bandages?
                      Yes, and as an Avenger it makes me cry every time Mrs Peel tries to remove them.....

Comment

Not that I believe in polls etc, but what about the 'Top 10' in terms of visits to threads? It seems then, unless I am mistaken, that they are :

1) What are you listening to?
                        2) Tavener, can't quite forgive Beethoven.

Is this significant?
                        No.

Comment

Still, I'm no Einstein as you have noticed, as my 'Top 10' comprises only two threads. Nor am I a philosopher, as Sorrano has suggested. What an insult to my ego !!!
                          Sorry about your ego. I hope it recovers soon. PDG, 14 to go....

Comment

Thanks, Sorrano. I make it 11! Looking forward to joining you in the 1,000 Posts Executive Suite. Looks quite nice in there - I've often peered through the windows longing to lose my "outsider" tag, and mingle with the "special ones".......

Comment

Thanks, Sorrano. I make it 11! Looking forward to joining you in the 1,000 Posts Executive Suite. Looks quite nice in there - I've often peered through the windows longing to lose my "outsider" tag, and mingle with the "special ones".......
                              "Special ones"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                                "Special ones"?
                                Come on, PDG, get a move on! 'God and King' and all that ...
                                Let me help you : Emin ... Beethoven ... gender ... etc etc ad nauseam .... until you hit the 1000 mark ... Emin ...

Erm ... can I join the club? Or should I adopt Marx's position (Groucho, that is) about 'clubs'?
                                Last edited by Quijote; 11-29-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X