The hardest Beethoven work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oboe_15:
    I have to agree that that is ONE of the hardest, the rhythem poses no great challenge, however, scince developing a marble sized 'garlion' on my left wrist and various others, I simply don't have the pian thresh-hold to play it. And unfortunately Grieg and Debussy have also suffered!

oboe_15

Beethoven rocks!

thank you for agreeing with me. I had trouble playing that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:

Yes, Sir! I will, Sir! (Imagine a salute). But seriously, that has been a problem area for me for years. (I'm left handed! What can I say?) I know, I'm making excuses.
      Joy
      I've often thought piano playing would be more difficult if I were left-handed, actually. Maybe not in the long run, after years and years of practice, but I bet it causes younger children some frustration when they first start out.

Comment

oboe_15, whn i first played the whole 14th sonata, I had only 3 years of effective study (i mean that because I was studing for 4 years but 2 and a half of them I made little progress, then I changed teachers), I spent 7 months on the 3rd movement half on the 1st and one on the 2nd. I can tell by personal experience that it is VERY doable, if I did, why can't othes, I didn't have that many years of practice and the thing (I watch the tape till today, concert was in end of 99) came out recordable.
        I also have the concertos scores here (I have all the symphonies, all the concertos, all the sonatas, some other stuff as well) and i can tell that the 3rd is harder.
        The order of the concertos from the easiest to the hardest goes like this:
        2nd->1st->3rd->5th->4th.
        Believe me. Those arpeggios are piece of cake once you get the gist of it.
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Working...
        X