New news about lead in LBV's hair ->death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I think I may have to change my own avatar as it is detracting somewhat from the depth and brilliant insights of my postings. Also, I must make it clear that it's a cartoon of Beethoven, not me.
    But, Mike, I always thought it was Rodney Bewes...

Comment

Originally posted by Euan Mackinnon View Post
      Accepted. I withdraw the name. However, not the sentiment (Xmas notwithstanding). Rudeness is rudeness at any time of the year and the Honourable Gentlemen exhibited considerable rudeness.

Euan
      Agreed.

Comment

TiberiaClaudia freely acknowledged lack of scholarship. On the other hand she showed enthusiasm in spades.

Euan
        And is one sassy lady, to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          Merry Christmas to you too, Peter ! And to that rake-stomper PDG !!! And all the other forum members, too.

Bonnes fêtes !!
          Likewise, Philip. Please note that it now takes me six hours to get around a golf course due to my curious cross-legged walk, getting from fairway to fairway.

Comment

And is one sassy lady, to boot!
            Believe me, it gets me into trouble...both the good sort and the bad!!

"Rake-stomping hooligan..." Must insert that one into my quote book alongside "Big smelly onion."

Euan, you're too sweet though enthusiasm seems to get me into as much trouble as being sassy!

I already rec'd a new copy of "Missa Solemnis" and "Favorite Beethoven Piano Sonatas" for Christmas from someone *very* special, along with a book by Edmund (forgot his last name) on Beethoven's life. I'm taken care of at present, Santa doesn't even need to come tonight...

Cheery holidays,

Sassafrass
            Last edited by TiberiaClaudia; 12-25-2007, 02:22 AM. Reason: Just because
            "He lays entombed in the sepulchre of immortality." -Anonymous

"Wine is both necessary and good for me." -LVB

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
              Not likely!

Happy Xmas!

Comment

Whatever happened to that Likely Lad?
                Liz.

Comment

Why, Liz, he became an avatar!

Comment

Why, Liz, he became an avatar!
                    I am getting so confused between threads that I can't follow this argument!
                    Let me finally state that my avatar is not me (I am much more handsome), it is not Rodney whatever, but it is a cartoon representation of an obscure German composer who died in 1827.
                    I think I'll change my avatar but not tonight ........................

Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I think I'll change my avatar ......
                      Oh no! Looks like we're about to lose our second Rod inside a year!

Comment

You fools, you stones, you worse than senseless things! It was Tracy Emin (or John Tavener) who killed our belovèd LvB.

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

That's exactly the point. You refuse to delve deeper into the topic and stick to simple and false explanations. You don't know a thing about Andreas Wawruch's medical expertise and I bet you haven't even read the last volume of the Konversationshefte. You represent the majority of the audience and therefore unscholarly nonsense will forever spread like a fungus.

TiberiaClaudia

Cetto von Cronstorff (real name Michael Lorenz) is widely known for his rudeness and arrogance. Take no notice of him.

From time to time I have wondered if he and his research activities are paid in whole or part by the state and, if so, whether he realises the implications of that.

I think not. Examine the quote above carefully; it is revealing and, in addition, makes exactly the same mistake that he accuses you of making.

A pity: he doubtless has much to offer, but ...

Euan

I don't care what Cetto's real name is, and it is wrong to judge him the way you do Euan. I happen to think he is a very well informed, mature polite person.
                          Carry on Cetto.

Last edited by Megan; 12-31-2007, 11:59 AM.
                          ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Dear TiberiaClaudia (hereafter referred to as 'TC'), for an enlightening explanation of the term 'Samothracian', please read Maynard Solomon, 'Late Beethoven, Music, Thought, Imagination', University of California Press 2003. Solomon raises an intriguing hypothesis : that in calling Schindler a 'Samothracian' LvB was inferring that the Swindler was a homosexual.

Solomon is alternately a fabricator and delusional. He is at least as unreliable as Schindler.

Comment

Originally posted by gardibolt View Post
                              Solomon is alternately a fabricator and delusional. He is at least as unreliable as Schindler.
                              An equally interesting response, Gardibolt. Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                                Do I take this to mean we are now on speaking terms, Megan?

Comment

Working...
                                X