Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which film about Beethoven do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heidi View Post
    Hello Terry. Preston gave you all the info where to find these films, but you can also get 'The Sound and the Fury' on ebay very cheap.
    Heidi
    Excuse me again, you and Preston: I lost something. The sound and fury, is that a documentary or a movie with interpreters? I can't guess it by reading amazon. In the first case I'm not so interested, I'd rather a fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
      Excuse me again, you and Preston: I lost something. The sound and fury, is that a documentary or a movie with interpreters? I can't guess it by reading amazon. In the first case I'm not so interested, I'd rather a fiction.
      Hi Terry, I have 'The Sound and the Fury' on tape and it's more of a biography which is done very well. In it contemporary composers examine his works, the movie discusses some of the historical events going on at that time, there's a look at period artwork from that time, and, of course, there's some highlights of his music. It's very interesting.
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
        Hi Terry, I have 'The Sound and the Fury' on tape and it's more of a biography which is done very well. In it contemporary composers examine his works, the movie discusses some of the historical events going on at that time, there's a look at period artwork from that time, and, of course, there's some highlights of his music. It's very interesting.
        So it's not a movie with actors (in fact I found it strange; I almost know every movie made about him): Pity you can't record it for me as we live in different zones...
        Does anybody know about a Canadian movie about MINONA? Perhaps I have already asked. I'd die for getting it! (but Canada is another zone..oh no!

Comment

BBC: Eroica

Sorry to bring this old thread back, I just watched Eroica.

The BBC movie, Eroica, is on You Tube. To me, it is the absolute worst portrayal of Beethoven I have ever seen. It far worse than Copying Beethoven- which I believe is like a rich man trying to act as Beethoven. The actor that plays Beethoven, portrays Beethoven far too weak.

Where is the eccentric Beethoven in all of of these movies. The man who walked upon stage during the performance of the 9th and tried to conduct, when there was already a conductor, etc.

I, do not think that even in the BBC: Beethoven that he is eccentric enough.

Just wanted to give my opinion about it.
          Last edited by Preston; 09-03-2009, 07:24 AM.
          - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

I tend to agree with you Preston. [I haven't seen most of the other films so haven't voted].
            What really spoilt it for me was the bit where Ries comments about the horn player coming in too early and B's response is to tell him to "p*ss off". Would have been better to use some kind of expletive (even if it was spoken in German) that would have been used at the time.
            I did enjoy listening to the symphony though and some of the comments made during it and seeing it performed on instruments of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Leeds View Post
              I did enjoy listening to the symphony though and some of the comments made during it and seeing it performed on instruments of the time.
              That was also the highlight for me.
              - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
              X