Ed Harris as Beethoven on BBC TV Breakfast Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Harris as Beethoven on BBC TV Breakfast Show

This morning the Breakfast TV Team will be discussing Ed Harris's portrayal of Beethoven, with the actor.

Beethoven's Ninth introduced the news of the interview earlier.

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Haven't the time to listen this morning but wondered how was the interview?
    When the movie premiered here Ed Harris was on many of the morning shows and in all the papers. He did a very good interview explaining how much the challenge was of portraying Beethoven and how he felt he had to do this role out of love for the composer. Had to learn to play the piano all over again and also learn to conduct.
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Is it possible to hear it by internet? Has someone put it here?
      I have two interviews, one translated in Italian. Perhaps they are the same.
      I've been longing for the DVD...

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
        Haven't the time to listen this morning but wondered how was the interview?
        When the movie premiered here Ed Harris was on many of the morning shows and in all the papers. He did a very good interview explaining how much the challenge was of portraying Beethoven and how he felt he had to do this role out of love for the composer. Had to learn to play the piano all over again and also learn to conduct.

Hello Joy, Yes it seems they used the same questions and ED Harris used the same answers.

Excellent publicity for the movie. We Beethoven fans need not be too critical if the movie encourages people to try out B's wonderful music.

I never had such pleasure. A Beethoven movie was made in the 1930s I believe? Never saw it anywhere, not on cinema, or TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Colgan View Post
          Hello Joy, Yes it seems they used the same questions and ED Harris used the same answers.

Excellent publicity for the movie. We Beethoven fans need not be too critical if the movie encourages people to try out B's wonderful music.

I never had such pleasure. A Beethoven movie was made in the 1930s I believe? Never saw it anywhere, not on cinema, or TV.
          Hi Maurice, it was good publicity for sure. The turn out for the movie here was very good and so was the audience's reaction. They were taking a poll after the movie and writing down the people's opinions and comments and there were some very good remarks. You're right that if the movie encouraged at least some people to get interested in his life and/or music then it did it's job and was a success.
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
          X