Die Hard 4 .. Beethoven's 9th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Die Hard 4 .. Beethoven's 9th?

Just watched a trailer of the movie Die Hard 4 on Breakfast BBCTV.

Beethoven's glorious 9th Symphony could be heard as the trailer played! Not a great version either!

Does anyone know if Beethoven's music is part of the soundrack?

http://www.dublinpeople.com/cms/inde...2688&Itemid=49
    http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

It was part of the soundtrack of the first Die Hard film. In fact, it featured quite a lot in that movie. Nowadays, however, they have a habit of using music in trailers that does not appear in the finished film.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Not my favourite kind of movie, but all the noisy action keeps one awake :-) I'm looking forward to seeing the Edith Piaf biog.
      http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Colgan View Post
        Just watched a trailer of the movie Die Hard 4 on Breakfast BBCTV. Beethoven's glorious 9th Symphony could be heard as the trailer played!
        What has some of the world come to! Beethoven's 9th that stands for people coming together, being played in Die Hard???
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

it aint carl orf

at least it wasn't the carl orf dama fortuna from carmina burana.

but that drone from the 9th... obviously the producres of this trash are musically ignorant!

A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
            What has some of the world come to! Beethoven's 9th that stands for people coming together, being played in Die Hard???
            It's hardly the first time great art has been abused - look at the far worse obscenity of playing Beethoven and Mozart in the Nazi death camps.
            I confess to never having watched a single Die hard film (just not my thing) - but of course we have to recognise that millions will watch this and if just some are captured by Beethoven's music then it is a good thing.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

In Die Hard One, which was released about ten or fifteen years ago, the "Ode to Joy" theme was heard, amongst other classical tunes, in the lobby of a large hotel or other building. But the Beethoven theme was later mixed in with the original soundtrack and used in many scenes, cleverly varied, i.e. now menacing, now sad. Believe me, I've heard worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                In Die Hard One, which was released about ten or fifteen years ago, the "Ode to Joy" theme was heard, amongst other classical tunes, in the lobby of a large hotel or other building. But the Beethoven theme was later mixed in with the original soundtrack and used in many scenes, cleverly varied, i.e. now menacing, now sad. Believe me, I've heard worse.
                Yes the Pastoral used for advertising Tweed perfume!
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

I saw "Live Free Die Hard" today. There's no Beethoven in it. A lot of rock, but no B. If you liked the other "Die Hard" movies, you'll probably like this one. If you didn't, you won't. They followed the usual formula.

Comment

Working...
                  X