Idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idol

I'm no fan of the tv show "American Idol," but someone sent me this clip from a British version that's really good:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA

He gets my vote...........even though it’s a much abused aria
    Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

He got everybody's vote: he won the whole contest.

Comment

Yes and what about that other 'minor' event in the music world that seems to have been overshadowed by Potts in the press - Cardiff singer of the year? Bass-baritone Shen Yang, from Shanghai Conservatory of Music, won at St David's Hall in Cardiff on Sunday. Shen was the youngest competitor in the week-long contest - he has a superb voice.

I have to say that Nessun Dorma was ruined for me ever since its association with football, so I can't stand anyone singing it!
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Paul Potts will have to change his name if he wants to be a hit in French Indochina!

(Not my joke - lifted from a rival website!)

Comment

Originally posted by Fidelio View Post
            He gets my vote...........even though it’s a much abused aria
            I guess for a show like that, you have to sing something like "Nessun dorma" or "Time to Say Goodbye" -- & set off fireworks behind you onstage. With all the noise in there, from the TV audience hooting & whistling inanely in the middle of a number to the gunpowder going off & the spotlights flashing, it's hard to tell just what he can do. I think it's now time for him to avoid the obvious choices, the opera karaoke warhorses, & opt for something off the beaten path ... unless he wants to be the next Andrea Bocelli.

And maybe he does?

Comment

Working...
            X