COPYING coming to Italy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joy View Post
    Seeing a screening of the movie was a thrill and I now have the DVD which is wonderful as well. To top it all off I just received a personally signed movie poster from Ed Harris himself with a lovely sentiment attached to it and "much love". Just a wonderful and special momento which I will treasure!

Did you see him in "A History of Violence", Joy, made immediately after CB?
    It was hard to believe the same actor played such a brutal sadist (and I'm NOT referring to Beethoven! )

Comment

I saw that film - and he was excellent. I was slightly more gobsmacked though by Viggo Mortensen's performance in that coming straight after Aragorn in Lord of the Rings!

And for Terry a "chick flick" is a rather sexist putdown used to describe a film ( usually of a romantic or sentimental nature) that is only supposed to appeal to "chicks" i.e women (usually assumed to be young and easily pleased). Something a "real man" would not be seen watching, much less snuffling into his handkerchief over! " The Flicks" is an old term for the cinema or the films - referring to the flickering light and crackling noise that accompanied the showing of films made on old fashioned celluloid - these days the light is usually from mobile phone screens and the crackling from sweet packets - sigh!
      Last edited by JA Gardiner; 06-03-2007, 05:04 PM.
      Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Did you see him in "A History of Violence", Joy, made immediately after CB?
        It was hard to believe the same actor played such a brutal sadist (and I'm NOT referring to Beethoven! )

I
        Ha! Ha! Seriously, I did not see ' History of Violence' but did see many ads on it and you're right it is hard to believe the same actor played both parts. Ed Harris is a very versatile actor for sure.
        Last edited by Joy; 06-04-2007, 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Yesterday on our screens. Extracts from press and tv.
          TV: "admirable, correct"
          Press:"H is terrible in his grey whig, trying to imitate him by bending his head (btw B always carried his head high!) and what about his deafness? the fault is the screenplayer's and the director's ... Difficult to show a two-people acting movie in which one of them is deaf, and the film fails in this aim. Anyway it is accurate, seems to be destinated to tv".

Comment

Working...
          X