Copying Beethoven: The DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preston View Post
    Thank you Joy for your comment. I really look forward to seeing Beethoven Lives Upstairs.
    When you get to see it, let us know how you like it.
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
      When you get to see it, let us know how you like it.
      Good deal. It might be a while though, the first things on the list are buying Windows Vista, getting new RAM, getting a new hard drive, etc.
      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

It includes DELETED SCENES(!), and a featurette about orchestrating the movie. Lovely!

- Susan[/QUOTE]
        In my DVD there are no deleted scenes: all the scenes showed bit by bit are in the movie. No featurette. Is your version,the American one, more complete?
        To Michael: you're right. The Spanish version has subtitles, you can't get off them. Perhaps because they presume that if someone has bought it he needs the version in their language, that's not wrong anyway. The English version is something "more". The best you can do is to learn English... To Michael the same question as above: did you find something like deleted scenes? I didn't.

Comment

[s to learn English...
          Sorry I meant: to learn SPANISH

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
            In my DVD there are no deleted scenes: all the scenes showed bit by bit are in the movie. No featurette. Is your version,the American one, more complete?
            To Michael: you're right. The Spanish version has subtitles, you can't get off them. Perhaps because they presume that if someone has bought it he needs the version in their language, that's not wrong anyway. The English version is something "more". The best you can do is to learn English... To Michael the same question as above: did you find something like deleted scenes? I didn't.
            There are no deleted scenes but a couple of interviews with Ed Harris, etc.
            On some DVD players you can lower the subtitles until they are right out of the widescreen picture. (Choose "display" from the PLAYER menu). I have done this and then blocked off the bottom of the screen so I can see the film without distractions.
            Michael

Comment

My (American) dvd had two scenes of Anna and Martin that I had not seen in the movie. Possibly they're in the movie in the DVD, I haven't watched it all the way through on DVD. When I saw it at the movie theater, there was NO scene of Anna's father visiting her. The DVD had a brief scene of that - about two minutes. Is that on your DVD? Maybe they just restored it to the way they originally intended it, so they didn't have it as a "deleted scene." Similarly, does your DVD movie include Karl visiting LbB on his deathbed? It wasn't at the movie, but it is on my DVD as a deleted scene.
              - Susan

Comment

Originally posted by susanwen View Post
                My (American) dvd had two scenes of Anna and Martin that I had not seen in the movie. Possibly they're in the movie in the DVD, I haven't watched it all the way through on DVD. When I saw it at the movie theater, there was NO scene of Anna's father visiting her. The DVD had a brief scene of that - about two minutes. Is that on your DVD? Maybe they just restored it to the way they originally intended it, so they didn't have it as a "deleted scene." Similarly, does your DVD movie include Karl visiting LbB on his deathbed? It wasn't at the movie, but it is on my DVD as a deleted scene.
                - Susan
                No, Susan, those scenes were not in the DVD. Neither was the commentary. It's a Spanish edition so I suppose a commentary in English would not be needed. It's not as good an edition as the American one as regards extras, but the picture quality and sound would be identical.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                X