No announcement yet.

The Happiest music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch yourself from left brain to right brain: count down backwards from 100 by threes, and the music will leave you alone.

Comment

(that is, from right brain to left brain).

Comment

Originally posted by susanwen View Post
        Switch yourself from left brain to right brain: count down backwards from 100 by threes, and the music will leave you alone.
        I think I'll just put up with the music, Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I was having an x-ray a few years ago, Joy, and the radioligist kept humming this tune. I was half-sedated and I muttered: "Baby Elephant Walk". The radiologist said: "That's the name of the bloody tune! It's been going round in my head all day and I couldn't identify it! I can't stop humming it and I don't even like it!"

I find when I'm working at home, that a tune will creep into my head and I just cannot get rid of it. Currently it's the second movement of "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" which I like - but not that much! Any suggestions for a cure?

Michael
          Not that I know of any although Susan's suggestion sounds interesting. The 'Ob La Di' tune is still going around my head today, oh well, 'life goes on...' oh, no, there it is again! Drat!
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by DavidO View Post
            1. Prelude from Ravel's "Couperin's Tomb"

2. Scherzo from Beethoven's 3rd Symphony (as kinetic a display of the Life Force as any in music)

3. Herbert Stothart's martial theme march from the Oz entrance in "The Wizard of Oz"
            "as kinetic a display of the Life Force as any in music"
            what a superb description of the sheer momentum behind this movement
            Love from London

Comment

Beethoven: the fourth movement of the 4th symphony (also the 6th symphony and the finale of the Ninth - I know it is already mentioned here)

Comment

Bizet Symphony in C Wonderful!!
                Love from London

Comment

Originally posted by Tony John Hearne View Post
                  Bizet Symphony in C Wonderful!!
                  Yes I forgot this delightful work! A joy from start to finish - perfect for this lovely spring morning.
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Last night it was Solti and the Chicago Symphony playing Tchaikowsky's 4th. Wonderful music!

Omigoodness!! I just posted this in the WRONG thread!
                    Last edited by Sorrano; 03-09-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                      Last night it was Solti and the Chicago Symphony playing Tchaikowsky's 4th. Wonderful music!

Omigoodness!! I just posted this in the WRONG thread!
                      Yes - hardly the happiest music, but still my favourite Tchaikovsky symphony, certainly wonderful!
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                      X