Carlos Kleiber's Seventh Symphony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Kleiber's Seventh Symphony

This was featured on a "Must-Have" festival on New York public radio station WNYC-FM recently, where celebrities and listeners submitted requests for their favorite recordings. I had never heard it before and was completely floored by the stunning interpretation. I would not rank any other Seventh I've heard even close. Does anyone else agree or have a comment?
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Well, only one to totally agree with you! IMO, the disk of VPO/Kleiber playing the 5th and 7th is totally indispensable, and is, in fact, the single most-played Beethoven symphony disk in my collection, not necessarily because they are my favorite symphonies, but because they are my favorite modern interpretations. Absolutely hair-raising in all the crucial places!
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I agree with both of you! The Kleiber 5th and 7th have long featured on the recommended recordings of this site - they are certainly my favourite recordings of these symphonies. For the 6th I recommend Karl Bohm.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
      X