Question: song title used in diamond commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: song title used in diamond commercial

Hello again. I was told that the song that was used for the diamond commercial is Beethoven. Does anyone know that song? They played it for a time with the debeers commercials/Diamond is forever is the states. What is the name of this song so I may look for it?

Thank you.

No, it is not by Beethoven. It was composed by Karl Jenkins. You can buy it here.

Comment

Karl Jenkins has actually used some Beethoven, the last movement of the Violin Concerto. He has put "words" to it - something like "Di-yum Di-addy, Di-yum Di-addy" and that should give you a good idea of what the piece is like! I have heard it played twice on radio and no mention has been made that Beethoven wrote the tune. Maybe it's just as well.

Michael

Comment

Hi Chris and Michael,

I fouund it! It's on the Immortal Beloved cd, track 9 (Piano Concert #5). Thanks for finding the link but I thought for sure I heard the beginning of track 9 in a diamond commercial on tv, but maybe not. This is the piano piece I was looking for.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBeet View Post
          Hi Chris and Michael,

I fouund it! It's on the Immortal Beloved cd, track 9 (Piano Concert #5). Thanks for finding the link but I thought for sure I heard the beginning of track 9 in a diamond commercial on tv, but maybe not. This is the piano piece I was looking for.

Thanks for the feedback.
          It must be the slow movement from Piano Concerto No. 5 as that was used a lot in "Immortal Beloved". As soon as you can, you should get a recording of the complete concerto. I guarantee you'll love it.

Michael

Comment

Working...
          X