HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Thanksgiving Day is tomorrow, can you believe it's here again? NPR is having a special Thanksgiving program tonight which will include Beethoven,

'To celebrate Thanksgiving, the Boston Symphony Orchestra and conductor James Levine perform two classical masterpieces: Beethoven's exquisite Violin Concerto, full of searching beauty and elegance, and a symphony inspired by Native American songs and African-American spirituals: Dvorak's Symphony No. 9'.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans!
    'Truth and beauty joined'

I don't remember anyone saying Thanksgiving to the Canadians when we had ours...

Comment

Originally posted by HaydnFan View Post
      I don't remember anyone saying Thanksgiving to the Canadians when we had ours...
      We don't give thanks for anything in the UK! Coming from Toronto are you a fan of Glenn Gould's Haydnfan?
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I actually haven't heard enough Glenn Gould recordings to decide if I enjoy his playing.

How about you Peter? Do you enjoy his work?

Comment

I admire him though his playing isn't really to my taste - his approach though was so thorough and serious that I think he has something very personal to say. Certainly an amazing technique and likeable eccentric! His 1950s Goldberg Variations is quite incredible, dazzling if you like your Bach fast!
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by HaydnFan View Post
            So why didn't any of you Canadians bring it up? Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it this day!

Comment

Working...
            X