No announcement yet.

Beethoven and his 2 brothers: 2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Nick : I am totally amazed to see a map of IEPER in a BEETHOVEN Forum... You did a good work. Next time you go to IEPER go to "LE MIROIR" on the Grotemarkt (my fathers's quarters...). And take a Gordon scotch, my prefered beer...
    Peter : Yes of course you are again right : those illnesses were changing the basis of B.s character. Everywhere he is mentionned to have had a "good sens of humour" (and it appears a lot in his correspondance.To write such music he must have been really a generous heart. Bu, also, he had some particularities which are typical flemish, and his features were more those of his grandfather, whose portrait he kept his life long.
    Yes, Yes, I am proud to have something in common as "old" Ludwig : flemish heredity !!!
    The origins of the B. s family are BRUGGE, ANTWERPEN, GENT and MECHELEN...
    Do you know that now the Karls's van BEETHOVEN descendants are called URBAN
    and WEIDINGER ? They are all located in WIEN or in the surroundings. I have all the details if you are interested to meet them once !!! (Hélas no musicians...).

------------------
    Claudie
    Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
      The origins of the B. s family are BRUGGE, ANTWERPEN, GENT and MECHELEN...
      Do you know that now the Karls's van BEETHOVEN descendants are called URBAN
      and WEIDINGER ? They are all located in WIEN or in the surroundings. I have all the details if you are interested to meet them once !!! (Hélas no musicians...).

Yes, I mention some of them on the family tree page of this site - have you actually met some of these descendants Claudie?

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Not yet, I plan to do it once...

------------------
        Claudie
        Claudie

Comment

Working...
        X