temperment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

temperment

can anybody explain to me equal temprement?
    and what is the 12 tone tempered scale?
    after playing chopin i feel as if i had been weeping over sins that i had never committed and mourning over tragedies that were not my own

Originally posted by sunset_887:
    can anybody explain to me equal temprement?
    and what is the 12 tone tempered scale?
    Do you know Do-Re-Mi from Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound Of Music? A very good place to start.....(Michael??)...

Comment

right, so its just the regular scale?
      what about the new tuning system that came about in the baroque period equal temperment, that bach wrote the 2 vol of preludes and fugues? i have my piano exam on thursday just looking for an easier explination if i can find one!

Originally posted by PDG:
      Do you know Do-Re-Mi from Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound Of Music? A very good place to start.....(Michael??)...

after playing chopin i feel as if i had been weeping over sins that i had never committed and mourning over tragedies that were not my own

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_temperament is a good place to start...

------------------
        "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
          PDG, why are you dragging me into this? I can't even read notation! Anyway, this is just an excuse to see if I can post on this newfangled forum. In my day, we had none of these fancy things...............................
          Oh, I can edit, too!
          Last edited by Michael; 11-21-2006, 09:33 PM. Reason: Testing the waters

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa View Post

"Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."

A rather tiny request: could you change this quotation into the correct 'Wer ein holdes Weib errungen,...'? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X