pathetique sonata! opus 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pathetique sonata! opus 13

does anybody have any interesting info about this sonata? anything at all! it was written in 1798 published in 1799!
    after playing chopin i feel as if i had been weeping over sins that i had never committed and mourning over tragedies that were not my own

Well......it was composed by Beethoven! And its nickname, "Pathetique", was suggested by the composer. It's his earliest work to carry a "name". It's in his favourite key of C minor. Among the sonatas it's one of the easiest to play. The famous adagio movement was used by pop star Billy Joel for the chorus of his song, "This Night". Etc, etc...

Comment

For an early work it shows a lot of development of his (Beethoven's) piano style. Compare that with the 1st two sonatas and with those of Haydn and Mozart.

Comment

I attended a concert Tuesday night and the pianist performed this great work along with some bagatelles, Piano Sonata #24 and #28 and Rage Over a Lost Penny along with a lecture and commentary. A really fun concert.

------------------
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
          I attended a concert Tuesday night and the pianist performed this great work along with some bagatelles, Piano Sonata #24 and #28 and Rage Over a Lost Penny along with a lecture and commentary. A really fun concert.

How is life in the orchestra pit these days, Joy?...

Comment

I am new on this forum, so I wonder does someone mind helping me here. I've seen some mp3's on authentic instruments, but' I've found only string quartet op.135. Is there any place here where I could find Pathetique sonata (authentic) to download?

Thank you.
            hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
              How is life in the orchestra pit these days, Joy?...

About the same, nothing too new, but the noise from the percussion section is beginning to drive me crazy!

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X