HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Tonight on NPR will be a Halloween show.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...wn.php?prgId=4

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Thanks for that, Joy. My local symphony orchestra had a Halloween concert the other day which featured Liszt's Totentanz and Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique.

I still can't get that dreaded "dies irae" theme out of my head =)

Comment

Originally posted by Nightklavier:
      [B]Thanks for that, Joy. My local symphony orchestra had a Halloween concert the other day which featured Liszt's Totentanz and Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique.

B]
      Just listened to the Berlioz symphony yesterday. One of my favorites. Wasn't Berlioz supposed to have been in some kind of drug induced state when he wrote this?

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa:
        Just listened to the Berlioz symphony yesterday. One of my favorites. Wasn't Berlioz supposed to have been in some kind of drug induced state when he wrote this?

The 'artist' depicted by the symphony is

------------------
        "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."

[This message has been edited by Rutradelusasa (edited 10-31-2006).]
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:

The 'artist' depicted by the symphony is

Yes, Berlioz himself. I had forgotten and confess I'm not very familiar with the background of the work.

Comment

Trick or treat, mister? Give us yer money or we'll burn yer house down! (You gotta love these little kids...). Offspring of gangsters, no doubt.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nightklavier:
              Thanks for that, Joy. My local symphony orchestra had a Halloween concert the other day which featured Liszt's Totentanz and Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique.

I still can't get that dreaded "dies irae" theme out of my head =)
              Tonight ASU (Arizona State University) is having a Halloween concert which will include Night on Bald Mountain', Grieg's 'In the Hall of the Mountain King,' Wagner's 'The Ride of the Valkyries' from DIE WALKURE, and Saint-Saens' 'Danse Macabre' Op 40!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                Tonight ASU (Arizona State University) is having a Halloween concert which will include Night on Bald Mountain', Grieg's 'In the Hall of the Mountain King,' Wagner's 'The Ride of the Valkyries' from DIE WALKURE, and Saint-Saens' 'Danse Macabre' Op 40!

Hi Joy,

I have all of these on a classical "Halloween" CD called Fright Night, and love them all!

Teresa

Comment

Thanks, JOY! That was a wonderful program with lots of good music! It did air on my local PBS station so I was able to hear it!

Also listened to various works from the movies by composers of suspense films and such. Good music last night!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
                    Thanks, JOY! That was a wonderful program with lots of good music! It did air on my local PBS station so I was able to hear it!

Also listened to various works from the movies by composers of suspense films and such. Good music last night!
                    So glad you enJOYed it! I listened to parts of it myself (really enjoyed Bach's Toccata and Fugue) but then had to hand out some goodies to the kiddies in the neighbourhood! Fun evening!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 11-01-2006).]

Comment

Hi Joy,

I have all of these on a classical "Halloween" CD called Fright Night, and love them all!

Teresa
                      Hi Teresa, sounds like a great CD especially for a night like last night!

------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X