Beethoven and his success and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven and his success and a question

I am sure some of you have read the book "memories of Beethoven" or something of that title written by Gehard Von Breuning, son of Stephan, Beethoven's friend. Anyway, in the book there is a picture of his desk. Where might reproductions of this desk be? Is it possible to achieve one?
    Anyway, just a simple question. To those interested, I have been asked to write music for "Macbeth". O yes.....the ideas!!!! and how the flow like water from a spring!!!!!
    And now I know how Beethoven felt-and now I live by this saying, as he did...
    "My chosen ones must pay a high price...lonliness and misfortune their lot, but joy and exileration beyond the comprehension of man."

Regards to all
    STOUT

Anything is possible, Stout. Just make sure the desk has secret compartments. Maybe you were destined to pay the price. Macbeth is a very worthy venture. ~

Comment

Beethoven sketched some music for a setting of Macbeth, but he abandoned the idea. Some of the sketches are supposed to have been used in the "Ghost" trio, Opus 70, No. 1.

M.

Comment

Working...
      X