HELP!! on essay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! on essay

Hi all, I have to write an essay discussing an appropriation of Beethoven's music that I have encountered other than in the concert hall or on a conventional recording. Things that I have to discuss are:

1)Describe the function of the music
    2)what aspects of the music or its reception history are being exploited
    3)what aspects of the music or it's reception history are being ignored or even violated
    3)what is being represented by the example

the example can be taken from any number of sources, and can involve any form of instumentation, ranging from conventional, through synthesized or just whistled... the essay needs to be 3-5 pages long...

Please don't get me wrong, I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO WRITE THE ESSAY FOR ME. Because I am not a music major student, and I have very little knowledge in music and on Beethoven'
    History and music in general, I encounter significant difficulty when writing this paper. I don't know where to find the sources, and how to formulate a thesis (since i can't even come up with a topic and find examples to back it up.) I wonder if you can give me a hand, and give me some suggestions on topics and examples. Thank you very much for your help!

Why not try reading the thread 'Beethoven music as symbolism in movies' which is currently being discussed on this forum - it may give you some ideas.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 05-29-2001).]
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

We should start charging for providing help on Beethoven-related homework. We'd make a fortune here

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
        We should start charging for providing help on Beethoven-related homework. We'd make a fortune here
        I agree! Just 1p for every hit on the home page would be nice - 2p for advice handed out here to students!

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

I get dozens of questions via e-mail as well, since my e-mail address is all over the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
            I get dozens of questions via e-mail as well, since my e-mail address is all over the forum.
            I've just posted one I received today!

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
            X