No announcement yet.

'Copying Beethoven'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the updated information everyone! Good luck again to all concerned on this film!

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I will be presenting the film at the Napa-Sonoma Film Festival in Napa, CA on July 30th, the closing night. If anyone from this site attends, please introduce yourself to me. I will let you all know how it goes.

Comment

Dear Srivele,

Hope all's well with you. So nice that things are starting to roll nicely for 'Copying Beethoven'. Best wishes for your presentation.

Robert

(p.s. Am still about 6 weeks away from finishing a writing project - will keep you posted as promised. That too goes well).

R

Comment

Hi all!
          I've been following all the news, and passing it on to Ralph Riach, my (very computer illiterate) father-in-law who played Schlemmer in the film.
          He's delighted it is all going so well, and that it's premiering at Toronto.
          Thanks Steven for keeping us up to date - I know he really appreciates it, as I am sure you know, actors don't usually get this kind of info about the film after they have done their bit.
          Best regards
          Schlemmer's d-in-law

Comment

Originally posted by Schlemmer:
            Hi all!
            I've been following all the news, and passing it on to Ralph Riach, my (very computer illiterate) father-in-law who played Schlemmer in the film.
            He's delighted it is all going so well, and that it's premiering at Toronto.
            Thanks Steven for keeping us up to date - I know he really appreciates it, as I am sure you know, actors don't usually get this kind of info about the film after they have done their bit.
            Best regards
            Schlemmer's d-in-law

My pleasure. He is really first-rate in the film. His character offers some comic relief, as well as some pathos, and the audiences are responding as we hoped. He gets the best laughs in the film, though tell him that his death scene, alas, has been cut.

Comment

I've no idea how to do extract quotes, so hopefully this will appear just after Srievele's message re the death scene!

I spoke to Ralph today, and he wondered that as the death scene has been cut, won't the audience wonder what happened to Schlemmer? (obviously not those who use this forum though, as they will all be in the know!)

He's delighted he adds a touch of humour to the film (and more importantly, that the audience laugh!)

Comment

I've no idea how to do extract quotes, so hopefully this will appear just after Srievele's message re the death scene!

I spoke to Ralph today, and he wondered that as the death scene has been cut, won't the audience wonder what happened to Schlemmer? (obviously not those who use this forum though, as they will all be in the know!)

He's delighted he adds a touch of humour to the film (and more importantly, that the audience laugh!)

No, actually, we found that we did not miss the death scene. Schlemmer gets his 'pay off' as we call it (i.e. his exit) in the 9th Symphony sequence, when we see him weeping at the beauty of the music.

Comment

Again I have passed that on to Ralph - he asks does that mean that the scene with him in the tavern with the others has also been cut? Apparently his favourite line appeared in that scene, and it was his only interaction with Ed Harris on film.

If it has been cut, he wonders if there might be a DVD with deleted scenes, as he would love to see that bit.

(I feel like a bit of a go-between here!!)

Many thanks Steven.

[This message has been edited by Schlemmer (edited 07-19-2006).]

Comment

I found news on the Toronto festival site. Not so much, but it's okay.Click on "news" f you find other sites, please write.

Comment

I found news on the Toronto festival site. Not so much, but it's okay.Click on "news" f you find other sites, please write.

Comment

If it has been cut, he wonders if there might be a DVD with deleted scenes, as he would love to see that bit.

I think that would be a wonderful idea when the DVD comes out to include backstage moments and 'not seen on screen' scenes. Most movies have this so hopefully this DVD can include some memorable moments as well. It would be most interesting!

------------------

Comment

Again I have passed that on to Ralph - he asks does that mean that the scene with him in the tavern with the others has also been cut? Apparently his favourite line appeared in that scene, and it was his only interaction with Ed Harris on film.

(I feel like a bit of a go-between here!!)

Many thanks Steven.

Yes, as I recall, the tavern scene was cut. However, Schlemmer does still interact with Beethoven in the opening sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                            I think that would be a wonderful idea when the DVD comes out to include backstage moments and 'not seen on screen' scenes. Most movies have this so hopefully this DVD can include some memorable moments as well. It would be most interesting!

There will probably be a director's cut on the DVD (assuming it comes out). This should include scenes not in the final cut of the film, like the Schlemmer death scene, the tavern scene and some others that did not make it into the 100 minute version. Recall that the original cut was nearly 2 hours and fifteen minutes long. So there is a lot of material not in the version of the film that will be distributed. One of my favorite scenes that was cut is the rehearsal of the Grosse Fugue at which the Archduke is present (and asleep).

[This message has been edited by srivele (edited 07-20-2006).]

Comment

Originally posted by srivele:
                              One of my favorite scenes that was cut is the rehearsal of the Grosse Fugue at which the Archduke is present (and asleep).
                              Aww =( Would have loved to see that. Hopefully it'll be on the DVD then.

[This message has been edited by Nightklavier (edited 07-20-2006).]

Comment

Originally posted by srivele:

There will probably be a director's cut on the DVD (assuming it comes out). This should include scenes not in the final cut of the film, like the Schlemmer death scene, the tavern scene and some others that did not make it into the 100 minute version. Recall that the original cut was nearly 2 hours and fifteen minutes long. So there is a lot of material not in the version of the film that will be distributed. One of my favorite scenes that was cut is the rehearsal of the Grosse Fugue at which the Archduke is present (and asleep).

[This message has been edited by srivele (edited 07-20-2006).]
                                Sounds great! I would like to see ALL the cut scenes!! Glad to hear they will be included in the DVD. Hope it all works out!

------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X