'Copying Beethoven'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Copying Beethoven'

I though I would start a new thread on this subject as I cannot seem to post or read other members posts on the other thread. Maybe this will work. Also there was 5 pages already on the other thread and we all know the rule about threads being five pages or more.

I'll start with a question for Stephen.
    Have you any more news to tell us about the distribution (or anything else for that matter) concerning the movie?

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Link to past thread on this topic - http://www.gyrix.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001915.html

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 02-18-2006).]

thank you Joy, I was just searching for this topic, why did you close it? It's so interesting! We are anxiously waiting for news. I'm so excited!Please mr. srivele, enlighten us! ps do you all know that an Italian singer, franco battiato, has directed another movie about L? It was premiered at Venice but it seems not having had a great success...after 4 mounths,it is still missing from the screen!

Comment

No, I had not heard about the other film. It seems we will not be at the Berlin Festival after all, which is a blow for us. So I cannot say at this point when or where the film will premiere. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Your film will have its day - I'm sure of it Srivele. There's only so much one can do with real creativity, beyond which (like the prophet Isaiah says 'cast your bread upon the waters, after many days it will return to you'). From what I've read here, the reactions of those who made it and who have commented on it elsewhere, they are right to let it take it's course.

Let's assume that even its first showing is, to some extent, more in the hands of financiers and dealers than in the hands of justice. But 2006 is a BIG Mozart year, and before long (as you know from 10 days of radio Bach) people will want to see this 'new kid on the block' film of the great Ludwig van Beethoven.

I guess I'm really saying that this may be film which will soon more than vindicate all your hopes.

Best regards

Robert

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robert newman:
          [B]

Thank for that. It means a lot. And I hope you are right.

Comment

I can't wait to see the film

Comment

Originally posted by terry:
              [B]thank you Joy, I was just searching for this topic, why did you close it? It's so interesting!

B]
              I started another thread only because I could not get on the previous thread to post or read other members posts and it seemed to have worked I'm glad to say! Also when we get to page 5 in our postings we do like to start another thread.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                I started another thread only because I could not get on the previous thread to post or read other members posts and it seemed to have worked I'm glad to say! Also when we get to page 5 in our postings we do like to start another thread.

And here is a direct link to the old thread for those of you new here who may wish to read our past discussions on the film. http://www.gyrix.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001915.html

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

So when will we see the movie?

Comment

Hi SR,

Any news about the movie?

Comment

No news?

A rumor on the imdb forum:

"Rumor has it Myriad Pictures, who is slated to release the movie, is dragging their feet on this project. Any one tied with the project is being unreasonably secretive as well responding in other threads on the web. If it is released in US, I would suspect March-April or August-September. Any other time of year is asking for the movie to fail as the big blockbuster dominate the summer and holiday months. As a fan of Beethoven, I too am growing increasingly impatient with the delayed release of this movie."

hi.

Comment

Myriad Pictures (if they are considering its release) might be encouraged if we individually write to them urging them to release it. These movie people have serious money to think about and if they believe it's commercial viable to release the film in March/April that's certainly what they will do. A few positive words from Beethoven lovers such as we (and there are many of us) cannot hurt if Myriad Pictures really are considering its release. This may be a case where a major film needs a kick start from people just like us. (At least it stops us asking 'what's happening' ? since it's now down to showing these people that such a film is hugely anticipated - something they perhaps are not yet fully convinced of. Their business is money - ours not so. Therefore we, the cinema goers may be influential.

I will find their email and write myself.

Comment

THE POSTER: http://www.myriadpictures.com/images/db_ka/63.jpg

Comment

So we are waiting the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by robert newman:

Myriad Pictures (if they are considering its release) might be encouraged if we individually write to them urging them to release it. These movie people have serious money to think about and if they believe it's commercial viable to release the film in March/April that's certainly what they will do. A few positive words from Beethoven lovers such as we (and there are many of us) cannot hurt if Myriad Pictures really are considering its release. This may be a case where a major film needs a kick start from people just like us. (At least it stops us asking 'what's happening' ? since it's now down to showing these people that such a film is hugely anticipated - something they perhaps are not yet fully convinced of. Their business is money - ours not so. Therefore we, the cinema goers may be influential.

I will find their email and write myself.

I think this is a good idea. When you find their e mail, let us know what it is so we can write as well.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X