Beethoven Symphony No. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaszz:
    I did listen with great pleasure to the first and last movements which he posted, but I don't believe he posted the second movement.

There are legal issues involved here Chaszz, you simply can't upload virtually the whole work. I suggest that the two movements posted give a sufficient impression to decide on whether or not to purchase, after all you hardly get the luxury of hearing a complete CD before buying normally anyway!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 09-27-2006).]
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      There are legal issues involved here Chaszz, you simply can't upload virtually the whole work. I suggest that the two movements posted give a sufficient impression to decided on whether or not to purchase, after all you hardly get the luxury of hearing a complete CD before buying normally anyway!

Dear Chaszz;

When you buy the CD set that contains the Piano Trio arrangement of the 2nd Symphony, you get the following:

1. The 5 piano concerti.
      2. Rondo WoO 6 (original finale of 2nd PC).
      3. The Choral Fantasy.
      4. The Piano Quintet arrangement of 4th PC.
      5. The Piano Trio arrangement of 2nd Symphony.

All of the above are done on period instruments.

I have the CD set and I love it, but then I love Beethoven on period instruments. I hope this posting helps you decide one way or the other.

Hofrat
      "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat:
        Dear Chaszz;

When you buy the CD set that contains the Piano Trio arrangement of the 2nd Symphony, you get the following:

1. The 5 piano concerti.
        2. Rondo WoO 6 (original finale of 2nd PC).
        3. The Choral Fantasy.
        4. The Piano Quintet arrangement of 4th PC.
        5. The Piano Trio arrangement of 2nd Symphony.

All of the above are done on period instruments.

I have the CD set and I love it, but then I love Beethoven on period instruments. I hope this posting helps you decide one way or the other.

Hofrat
        The music also comes with just the 4th concerto arrangement and the trio on a single CD. This is what I bought.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
          As for the Beethoven 2nd, there is a wonderful passage in the first movement introduction that actually foresees the 9th!
          there is another, and even more extensive "quote" from symphony 2 in no.9:
          the trio of the scherzo of the second symphony returns, hardly disguised, in the 2nd mvt of the ninth.

Comment

Working...
          X