the music of Kevin Kern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the music of Kevin Kern

I don't know if y'all have heard of him but I adore his music. So much, that I thought I would share it with y'all. Here is his website, www.kevinkern.com .Let me know what you think.

Kind Regards,
    Preston
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Isn't it that type of mood music they sell on those stands in the drug store? lol...Sorry Preston, but I am not sure how many of us will enjoy this sort of thing.

Comment

That's alright, HaydnFan. His music is for healing and meditation. No, it is not sold in drugstores, though. He is a partially blind composer who I think writes some pretty good music. He studied alot of Mozart in his youth and says he prefers Beethoven's symphonies and Mozarts piano concerto. He feels that Mozart is the master of melodic writing.

Kind Regards,
      Preston

Comment

You can go here, http://www.gomusic.ru/album.aspx?id=5872 , to download his album for inexpensive. Although, I doubt he appreciates buying his music for that inexpensive, I doubt he would mind a couple of songs. The gomusic.ru has tens of thousands of albums for download. They unfortunatly don't have that much good music, but they have some.

Be sure to listen to #9 and #5. For those of you who listen.

I find the music to be good. While I am not a professional musician, though. He takes his music very seriously. Just give it a shot, and see what you think. I love the guitar on "Dance of the Searching Souls".

He is very into nature.

Kind Regards,
        Preston

[This message has been edited by Preston (edited 09-13-2006).]

Comment

Interesting music. Thank you for sharing this.

Comment

Alright, thank you for that, Preston.

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I haven't been to the forum much lately.

Thank you Robert, and HaydnFan.

I should probably mention that he is a Steinway artist, and I feel, one that actually deserved to be one, unlike some. I find the expressiveness of his music to be good. I think it is very enjoyable music to listen to.

When I say good, believe me in no possible way am I saying it is anything near Beethoven, Handel, etc. musically or the seriousness, that is obvious, but it is enjoyable to me.

Kind Regards,
              Preston

[This message has been edited by Preston (edited 09-22-2006).]

Comment

Working...
              X