New page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    I think I mention Hess 13 briefly in the 'concertos' link but I've never heard it. Is in the DG complete works edition? I have a recording based on B's early violin concerto fragments that lasts 16 minutes (!), nice music but apparently it is a far from scholarly reconstruction. I suspect B completed a number of works in his teens that are now lost.

This "Romance cantabile" is less than five minutes long. If you could get hold of the sampler disc for the Complete Beethoven Edition, it's on it. I realise that probably half of it is by Willy Hess but it has become a huge favourite with me - although some others I played it for didn't think much of it. Maybe it's just me. It's better than bloody Max anyway!

Michael

P.S. The sampler disc I mentioned is a beautifully packaged single disc that includes an item from each volume of the Complete Edition - by its very nature it includes some unusual selections even if it does open with the first movement of the Fifth. It was going for a tenner a few years back but might be deleted now. The No. is: DGG 453 811-2

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 05-18-2001).]

Comment

Working...
    X