Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budapest Quartet Stereo Recordings

Hello, everyone:
    I would like to get a recording of the Budapest Quartet in their stereo era playing the complete quartets (I'd love to throw in the f minor transcription and the quintet, but I won't push it.) Does anyone know if these are available on CD? I can't find it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Zevy
    Zevy

I have a set of the middle quartets, plus Opus 74 (the "Harp") on two CD's which I bought about twelve years ago.
    They are fine stereo recordings and they were on the Sony "Essential Classics" label. The trouble is I don't know where they could be found today, with labels disappearing and downloads taking over. The fact that they first appeared (on CD) on a Sony label may point you in some direction.
    The numbers of the CD's are SBK 46545 and SBK 47665 but searching for these numbers nowadays would be almost certainly a complete waste of time.

Michael

Comment

Thank you very much. I have those 2 CDs. I just listened to the Op. 74 and the GF that are on the 2nd disc. I wish there were more out there, as I know they recorded the entire cycle in stereo.
      All the best,
      Zevy
      Zevy

Comment

Working...
      X