No announcement yet.

Beethoven’s Fugue for Quintet Op137

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert - I noticed your post regarding Rod and the Handel tracks in the Beethoven photo thread. Not sure if you meant to post it there or if it was done by mistake, but if you posted the same congratulations here, then I guess only Peter can answer why it's disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightklavier:
      Robert - I noticed your post regarding Rod and the Handel tracks in the Beethoven photo thread. Not sure if you meant to post it there or if it was done by mistake, but if you posted the same congratulations here, then I guess only Peter can answer why it's disappeared.
      I was a bit perplexed by that too, but I just put it down as a typical Newman excentricity!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Ha ! Rod,

The moment my 'eccentricities' become typical they will no longer be such to you. You will have healed them and by seeing the order in them!! And the worst of it is that I confess to being happy in my present state !

Comment

Originally posted by robert newman:

Ha ! Rod,

The moment my 'eccentricities' become typical they will no longer be such to you. You will have healed them and by seeing the order in them!! And the worst of it is that I confess to being happy in my present state !

Ah the joy of confusion. Back to Beethoven fugues, I forgot the handful that have survived from his studies with Albrechtsberger around 1794/95. These consisted of preludes and fugues for string quartet, including an arrangement of a Handel fugue, from the overture to Solomon. I think I presented mp3s of these at the mp3 page years ago, some good things there.

Rod

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 08-01-2006).]
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Thanks Rod. For some reason I was unable to hear this Op.137 fugue until today. It is masterful. I like it very much. Very genial. Would like to have met Beethoven on the day he wrote it.

Comment

Originally posted by robert newman:

Thanks Rod. For some reason I was unable to hear this Op.137 fugue until today. It is masterful.

Do you mean "masterful" or "masterly"--or perhaps both?

Comment

Dear DavidO,

I personally meant masterful. But others will think it masterly. Or both.

Comment

Working...
                X