The Vienna City Library’s Schubert Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vienna City Library’s Schubert Collection

For all of you Schubert fans here is a new website to check out. It's the largest collection on the internet of Schubert's music scores, letters and other material. According to their site "The Vienna City Library’s Schubert collection has been systematically enlarged and is today the world’s largest collection of Schubertiana." Here's the site:
    http://www.schubert-online.at/activpage/index_en.htm

I was watching "Wien Heute" on Austrian ORF TV where they talked about this website and how it was put together. I checked it out immediately and found it absolutely fascinating. Enjoy.

------------------
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
    - Beethoven 1804.
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

It's a tremendous resource. I was looking earlier at a letter from 1823 talking about Beethoven's Coriolan, Egmont etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood:
      For all of you Schubert fans here is a new website to check out. It's the largest collection on the internet of Schubert's music scores, letters and other material. According to their site "The Vienna City Library’s Schubert collection has been systematically enlarged and is today the world’s largest collection of Schubertiana." Here's the site:

I was watching "Wien Heute" on Austrian ORF TV where they talked about this website and how it was put together. I checked it out immediately and found it absolutely fascinating. Enjoy.

That is EXCELLENT!! Thank you very much for sharing this!!

Comment

I couldn't be more thankfull
        I have wanted to get a hold of the manuscript of Fierrabras, Alfonso und Estrella and the symphony fragments for God knows how long...

MANY, many thanks to you!

------------------
        "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Hey Andrea. I sent this along to my friend Richard, the Schubert guy. I also looked at it myself. Thanks. Hope all is well with you.

Heidi

Comment

Working...
          X