Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1824 chalk drawing by Stephan Decker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1824 chalk drawing by Stephan Decker.

I am thinking of purchasing a framed copy of this drawing and was wondering what y'all thought about it, if it would be a worthy purchase?

Kind Regards,
    Preston
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

I don't see why not - I'm rather fond of this portrait which was done shortly after the 1st performance of the 9th and is probably the last portrait of Beethoven done in life.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Preston:
      I am thinking of purchasing a framed copy of this drawing and was wondering what y'all thought about it, if it would be a worthy purchase?

Dear Preston;

I would! I have a copy of the Steiner portrait (where he holds the score of Missa Solemnis). I love it!

Hofrat
      "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat:

Dear Preston;

I would! I have a copy of the Steiner portrait (where he holds the score of Missa Solemnis). I love it!

Hofrat
        I have that portrait as well and it is one of my favourites!

------------------
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Is y'alls on canvas or anything like that? Is it a poster? Is it framed? I must admit that I am not fond of the Steiner portrait. I feel it resembles nothing of Beethoven.

Kind Regards.
          Preston

[This message has been edited by Preston (edited 07-19-2006).]
          - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston:
            Is y'alls on canvas or anything like that? Is it a poster? Is it framed? I must admit that I am not fond of the Steiner portrait. I feel it resembles nothing of Beethoven.

[This message has been edited by Preston (edited 07-19-2006).]

Dear Preston;

I bought it in a music shop in Budapest. It is a print in an inexpensive frame. Certainly not a collectors item, but I love it anyhow!

Hofrat
            "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
              I have that portrait as well and it is one of my favourites!

I have it also. It has been on my wall for thirty years. It was originally in colour and is now completely black and white from exposure to the sun.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                I have it also. It has been on my wall for thirty years. It was originally in colour and is now completely black and white from exposure to the sun.

Michael

Uhhh, maybe you should have tried moving it to a different wall!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                  Uhhh, maybe you should have tried moving it to a different wall!

No room. All the other walls are filled with pictures of Beethoven.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                    No room. All the other walls are filled with pictures of Beethoven.

Sounds like a nice place you have!

Comment

Working...
                    X