For those who like Schubert...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who like Schubert...

This set of 500 Lieder sung by Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau is also being sold at amazon.co.uk for the insane price of 21 pounds. I already bought one copy and am expecting ansiously for it to arrive

------------------
    "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."

[This message has been edited by Rutradelusasa (edited 07-15-2006).]
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

I guess it will take a few months for you to digest it all, or maybe you're already familiar with them?

Let us know if there's anything of note besides the basic goodies from the Winterreise, 6 Melodien, 12 Lieder, 6 Muller-lieder, Schwanengesang, etc. I only know Schubert's famous songs and feel overwhelmed by wading through 500(!) of them. It's amazing they could pull that off. Recording 500 Schubert songs is certainly ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightklavier:
      I guess it will take a few months for you to digest it all, or maybe you're already familiar with them?

Let us know if there's anything of note besides the basic goodies from the Winterreise, 6 Melodien, 12 Lieder, 6 Muller-lieder, Schwanengesang, etc. I only know Schubert's famous songs and feel overwhelmed by wading through 500(!) of them. It's amazing they could pull that off. Recording 500 Schubert songs is certainly ambitious.
      My experience with Schubert's Lieder has been limited. I have a cd with Pregárdien, whose voice I love, and Die Schöne Müllerin and Wintereise with Güra, which came in the 12-cd box from Nimbus I bought for the symphonies with Goodman.
      This will be my first real `plunge' in this massive body of work, next stop (in maybe a year from now) is Hyperion's 40-cd set

------------------
      "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."
      "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau is my all time favorite performer of Schubert's Lieder. I love his interpretation of "Der Erlkönig".

------------------
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
        - Beethoven 1804.
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Working...
        X