Rudolf Serkin plays "Moonlight" Sonata movement 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudolf Serkin plays "Moonlight" Sonata movement 3

Here is another in the sporadic series of favorite tracks I shall post. This is Rudolf Serkin (father of the currently well-known pianist Peter Serkin) playing the third movement of the "Moonlight" Sonata, in a recording made in the early 1960s. Serkin was one of the giants of mid-twentieth century piano. This was from a vinyl album containing the "Moonlight," "Appassionata" and "Pathetique" sonatas, which became something of a sensation when released and was a big seller for Columbia for many years. It is avaiable on CD now. I discovered it in the eighties when I was listening my way thru many of the Beethoven sonatas for the first time, and this track totally mesmerized me for months.

Please follow instructions for the downloading and opening of the file, which takes a few moments.
    http://www.mysharefile.com/v/3665718...ack_3.mp3.html
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Originally posted by Chaszz:
    Here is another in the sporadic series of favorite tracks I shall post. This is Rudolf Serkin (father of the currently well-known pianist Peter Serkin) playing the third movement of the "Moonlight" Sonata, in a recording made in the early 1960s. Serkin was one of the giants of mid-twentieth century piano. This was from a vinyl album containing
    the "Moonlight," "Appassionata" and "Pathetique" sonatas, which became something of a sensation when released and was a big seller for Columbia for many years. It is avaiable on CD now. I discovered it in the eighties when I was listening my way thru many of the Beethoven sonatas for the first time, and this track totally mesmerized me for months.

Please follow instructions for the downloading and opening of the file, which takes a few moments.
    http://www.mysharefile.com/v/3665718...ack_3.mp3.html
    ----------------

We have this beautiful vynil album. It was
    a gift given to my daughter by Mr. Serkin when she was his pupil at the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia. Thank you for the information about the CD.
    I now know what gift to give my daughter, Kathryn for her birthday. It will give her a great thrill. She has no opportunity to listen to vynil recordings.

Regards,
    Agnes Selby.

Comment

Working...
    X