Me at the piano (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me at the piano (video)

I filmed this, and for whatever reason decided to put on youtube...
    please do watch , the sound is terrible and I make a few mistakes, but I tried http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBqYsQpIGmA

------------------
    "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
    please do watch , the sound is terrible and I make a few mistakes, but I tried http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBqYsQpIGmA

Try some Beethoven!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Wonderful, thanks for sharing that. It's a shame the sound was so poor, but we get the idea!

Comment

Dear Rutradelusasa

Thanks for the privilege of being able to see/hear this piece through you. It made me sure Mendelssohn was a devout student of JS Bach. You played this work (which I never heard before) so poetically. Very very nice !

I'd love to hear/see how you play anything from the Bach First keyboard Partita (the one in B Flat) - but only because one music heaven must surely lead to another ! Ha !

Regards

Robert

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.
          Rod, I plan to film the Quasi una Fantasia N.2 for some friends, then I intend to do the Andante Favori. These are the pieces I play most of the day and have played most recently (the full sonata, that is).

Originally posted by robert newman:

Dear Rutradelusasa

Thanks for the privilege of being able to see/hear this piece through you. It made me sure Mendelssohn was a devout student of JS Bach. You played this work (which I never heard before) so poetically. Very very nice !

I'd love to hear/see how you play anything from the Bach First keyboard Partita (the one in B Flat) - but only because one music heaven must surely lead to another ! Ha !

Regards

Robert
          Interesting that you mention Bach. It really shows. Mendelssohn wrote this at 16, when his studies on counterpoint and Bach were strong as ever.

------------------

Comment

Very nice! Thank you!
            See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

I hope you're paying your "page turner" some decent wages! Did she go off and make a cup of tea at some point?? Well played, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:

I hope you're paying your "page turner" some decent wages! Did she go off and make a cup of tea at some point?? Well played, by the way.

lol
                actually, that's my teacher. That was at class, way to early in the morning, if I may say. I was glad that the door bell didn't get in the recording, that was the next student arriving at the door.

------------------

Comment

Very impressive! There was a lot of vitality in the performance; I liked that very much, and if I recall correctly, Beethoven wasn't so much mindful of errors as he was of lack of dynamic effort in a performance. The effort and expression was certainly there! Also, I could hear quite clearly, in spite of the sound, the different textures; I think you brought those out very well. I have to admit that the light flashing on and off the keyboard would have distracted me to no end.

Thanks for sharing that, I enjoyed it very much!

Comment

Working...
                  X