Osmo Vanska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osmo Vanska

I've heard Beethoven's Fourth and Fifth Symphonies by the Minnesota Orchestra, Osmo Vanska conducting, and they are terrific. In my humble, this is the best Fourth I've heard: a Fourth to turn the tide of people who only like the odd-numbered symphonies. The Minnesota is planning to do the full cycle, and they've just released Symphonies 3 and 8. This 3/8 will be the WGMS cd pick of the week starting Monday, supposedly with a discounted price at Arkivmusic.com next week. I'm looking forward to adding it to my little collection.

------------------
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Thanks for the critique! Are they going to play this on the radio like they did here with the Beethoven Journey this past couple of weeks or maybe it will just be CD's? But if so, what are the calling letters? Maybe I can give a listen.

Thanks!

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 06-18-2006).]

Comment

They'll play that cd heavily during the week, but mostly in single movements. They do long sets in the 9 am - 10:44 am segment, and in the 8-9 pm segment, (Easter Daylight Time) and will play the Third and the Eighth sometime during the week in those time slots. You can see the playlist at http://www.wgms.com and click on playlist (second click from the top on the left). They only print the playlist on the current day, so you must check between midnight and 9 am to catch it if it's going to be on at 9 am.

------------------
      susanwenger@yahoo.com

susanwenger@yahoo.com

Comment

They will play the Vanska Beethoven's Third at 9 am Eastern Daylight Time Monday, June 19 on http://www.wgms.com

------------------
        susanwenger@yahoo.com

susanwenger@yahoo.com

Comment

The Vanska Beethoven's Eighth will be played at 8 pm eastern daylight time tonight on http://www.wgms.com

You have to start logging in a few minutes early, and sit through a brief ad before you're actually on the playing site.

I've ordered this from arkivmusic.com They're selling it for $15.99.It's backordered now, but they expect to ship shortly. I haven't seen this CD on amazon.com yet.

- Susan

------------------
          susanwenger@yahoo.com

susanwenger@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Susan, let us know how you liked listening to the CD when you receive it!

------------------

Comment

Thanks for asking. I like it just fine on the radio. Crisp and lively, the eighth is a playful romp. The third has a fine blend of pomp and music. The CDs will take a while, they're on back-order.

------------------
              susanwenger@yahoo.com

susanwenger@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
              X