Johannes Brahms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johannes Brahms

Does anyone know of an internet group like this one, that discusses Brahms (my second favorite composer)?

------------------
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Not in a bulletin board format like this is, but there is a Yahoo group on Brahms:
    http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...esbrahmsplatz/

It might be worth a try. I am in several, some are good, some suck....

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

You can discuss Brahms here as well! My favourite Brahms - 2nd Piano concerto and most of the chamber music. I'm working on two pieces - the Rhapsody Op.119/4 and the Eb minor Intermezzo Op.118/6 - an incredible piece.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Piano Concerto 2 is my favorite Brahms as well. I always laugh when I hear his Piano Concerto no. 1, at this idea: he delayed writing a symphony because he felt he couldn't stack up to Beethoven's talent - but he had the audacity to write a piano concerto? But by Number 2, he proved his worth!

------------------
        susanwenger@yahoo.com

susanwenger@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by sjwenger:
          Piano Concerto 2 is my favorite Brahms as well. I always laugh when I hear his Piano Concerto no. 1, at this idea: he delayed writing a symphony because he felt he couldn't stack up to Beethoven's talent - but he had the audacity to write a piano concerto? But by Number 2, he proved his worth!

Yes, but Beethoven also first attempted the piano concerto before a symphony. The Brahms 1st concerto was originally intended as a symphony - the 2nd concerto is almost a symphony with piano accompaniment!

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

I don't have a copy of Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2. Is there one that you (or anyone) particularly recommend? I heard a new recording by Freire that sounded good, but it's a 2-cd set with Piano Concerto One, which I already have, and it's expensive.

------------------
            susanwenger@yahoo.com

susanwenger@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by sjwenger:
              I don't have a copy of Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2. Is there one that you (or anyone) particularly recommend? I heard a new recording by Freire that sounded good, but it's a 2-cd set with Piano Concerto One, which I already have, and it's expensive.

I bought the Freire cds and they were quite inexpensive, R$45,00 (= £10,00 = $18.75). I liked them a lot, but I also recommend the (also inexpensive) Gilels/Jochum double set on DG The Originals. Believe me, that's not one many 1st concerto, you WANT to have that one

------------------
              "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."
              "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Working...
              X