Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your Help!!!

Hello

Im new here and I was hoping that yall could help me. I have been looking for a GOOD picture of Beethovens signature for a while now. I want it to be his full name and preferably not his last signature. It would mean so much to me if I could find it. I am getting it tattooed on my wrist and I want it to be right. I have googled and searched the only ones that I an find are really small. Thanks so much for anyones help!!!

[This message has been edited by Aly (edited 05-23-2006).]

Why not get Beethoven's face tattooed onto each of your buttock cheeks while you are at it? There are any number of portraits available, none of which, unfortunately, feature a smile. But here is a task to absorb your time: learn about Adobe Photoshop and how to put a smile onto one of the existing portraits. You could then get a different portrait for each cheek: one happy and the other serious. That would be something to show your friends and, eventually, your grandchildren! In fact, when you are lying in your coffin, they could put you on display face down and cover everything except for the two portraits. Now that really would be something to see and talk about, much better than a measly signature. All this is meant in fun, of course. But seriously, forget your idea to tattoo any signature. If you really want a way to start conversations, try finding out something about the people in your life that you don't know already, or immerse yourself in a book or a newspaper and learn something about which you can talk to others that might be interesting or astounding, like climate change. There is so much to learn and life is short. Good luck!

Comment

Wow ... not quite what I was looking for. How about you do that to yourself ya know Id hate to take your idea. There is a big difference between buttock cheeks and my wrist last time I checked. I know what I want. Next time you post you might consider having some content relvant to what I was asking. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aly:
        Wow ... not quite what I was looking for. How about you do that to yourself ya know Id hate to take your idea. There is a big difference between buttock cheeks and my wrist last time I checked. I know what I want. Next time you post you might consider having some content relvant to what I was asking. Thanks.
        I have a nice one. Send me an email and I will attach it and return it to you. It is not "Ludwig van Beethoven", he didn't sign that way, it is "L. v. Beethoven". And a nice size, and clear too.

Gurn
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I am so sorry you took so much offense at my humour. Some folks in some parts of the world are pretty serious and I don't often enough pay my respects to that.
          But I have just remembered that when I was young, my parents gave me a book about Beethoven (intended for younger teenage readers so not as detailed as the Schindler biography which I have checked for you without success) and I recall seeing a full signature in that book. Maybe it was from when he was first becoming well known and he had not yet shortened it. Sorry I cannot give you the title but I think it was probably something simple like "Beethoven". Perhaps you could start looking around the kids' section of some of your local libraries. Maybe if you would find what you want there, you could scan or photocopy it. Surprise!... I did have something of relevance for you, even if I did think my first reply -which included suggesting a re-think on the tattoo idea- was also worthy of consideration.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help Gurn.

Alex ... I dont need to explain WHY I want this done ... its more personal for me and not a way to "strike up conversation." I think it wouldve crossed my mind already to browse the Beethoven collection of things that I had if they werent lost stolen and ruined. This is more personal for me than anything else. Obviously we have different sense of humors. Take Care.

[This message has been edited by Aly (edited 05-25-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Aly (edited 05-25-2006).]

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
              I have a nice one. Send me an email and I will attach it and return it to you. It is not "Ludwig van Beethoven", he didn't sign that way, it is "L. v. Beethoven". And a nice size, and clear too.

Gurn
              Hi Gurn, I would like a copy of that, as well, if possible?

------------------
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                Hi Gurn, I would like a copy of that, as well, if possible?

Certainly, Joy. Follow the instructions above.

Also, as I told Aly, you have to send me a pic of the tattoo after...

------------------
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:

Certainly, Joy. Follow the instructions above.

Also, as I told Aly, you have to send me a pic of the tattoo after...

Thanks Gurn, will do, but I'm afraid I'm past the tattoo phase!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 05-26-2006).]

Comment

Working...
                  X