WARNING: RE: DO YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: RE: DO YOU DOWNLOAD MUSIC

I started to open one of the links from this message and got a Trojan Virus warning from my computer.
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Originally posted by sjwenger:
    I started to open one of the links from this message and got a Trojan Virus warning from my computer.
    Very true indeed. Most of the pop music sites will do things like that. That's why most of the *FREE* music sites are to be avoided at all costs, unless you happen to know in advance the confidence that you can place on these sites. Unfortunately, the list of sites provided in the message to which you referred is not a list that can be used with any degree of any kind of confidence.

Ohter sites that will cause security worries include a number pointed to by Windows Media Player web radios and music download links, and ditto for the RealAudio people.

So far the Shoutcast group seems to have been reasonably acceptable with their web radio offerings.

So, if either listening to or downloading music off the web is your passion, it might be worthwhile to share that kind of security information... but on this forum??

------------------
    Must it be? It must be!
    Must it be? It must be!

Comment

I posted the information to this forum because the reference came from this forum, and I wanted to warn others who received it here about the potential hazard.
      To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
      susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

We get a lot of stuff like this. I just delete it as soon as I see it.

Comment

Working...
        X