Happy St. Patrick's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy St. Patrick's Day

In the United States, where we probably celebrate St. Patrick's Day as rigorously as anyone anywhere in the world, New York radio station WGMS will play some Irish music by Beethoven. (All times Eastern Standard, where it is now 9:50 am).
    At 10:41 am, WoO 152: No. 8, Come draw we round the cheerful ring.
    At 3:24 pm, WoO 153, No. 9, The kiss, dear maid, thy lip has left.

------------------
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.
    To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
    susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
    We Irish are often accused of using our national holiday as an excuse for drinking!
    I totally dissagreeeee wid that....I woul$d nnever post a *)+ messaje while undr de -@~~# influense.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
      We Irish are often accused of using our national holiday as an excuse for drinking!
      I totally dissagreeeee wid that....I woul$d nnever post a *)+ messaje while undr de -@~~# influense.

Michael
      Thanks for the chuckle - and Happy St. Patrick's Day! I plan to hoist one, myself.

I'm listening to some Irish tunes on the Internet as we speak - a very nice change and very peppy!

Comment

Seriously, folks, I would like to take the opportunity - as I do every St. Patrick's Day - of boasting that my home town of Killarney is mentioned in two of Beethoven's settings. I doubt if he saw the actual lyrics - they may have been added later - but he did meet the composer Benedict who later went on to write the operetta "The Lily of Killarney".
        That's my Beethoven connection. Enough
        boasting for today ...... back to the booze - sorry, I mean, of course, the serious study of Ludwig van .......

Michael
        Oh, I almost forgot. B's setting of "The Pulse of an Irishman" contains the line "Saint Patrick's day in the morning."

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 03-17-2006).]

Comment

Happy St. Patrick's Day folks! oh dear I remember last year..in edinburgh..ooohh

------------------
          *~Ja, was haben's da scho wieder gmacht, Beethoven?~*
          *~Ja, was haben's da scho wieder gmacht, Beethoven?~*

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:

Michael
            Funny as usual Michael Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Any corn beef and cabbage left?

------------------
            'Truth and beauty joined'
            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I hate corn beef and cabbage!
              Happy St Patrick's, Joy!
              Did I mention about Beethoven and Killarney..........forget it!
              Cheers

Michael

Comment

Working...
              X