Authentic Instrument mp3s - Elegischer Gesang Op.118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    Perhaps both circumstances are appropriate. Hope you have tried the mp3s at my site. Pity you've missed out on so much already, I've been posting tracks there for three years without repeating anything (as far as I can remember). I'll be uploading some new stuff there tomorrow so keep an eye out.

If I might discreetly interrupt this discussion of Handel -(I thought this was a Beethoven site) -- just like to say that the present mp3 is very beautiful.
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:

If I might discreetly interrupt this discussion of Handel -(I thought this was a Beethoven site) -- just like to say that the present mp3 is very beautiful.
      It was a very brief (by the standards of this place - see Berlioz!) discussion on Handel in the context as an influence on Beethoven, thus it is legitimate.

I am glad you liked the track - I, for one, am prepared to spend my hard earned cash on any piece with the Beethoven name on it, regardless of how obscure it is - his name alone is the stamp of quality for me. Thus with op118, amongst many other rare Beethoven pieces, you have benefited from my good judgement.

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 03-08-2006).]
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

It was a very brief (by the standards of this place - see Berlioz!) discussion on Handel in the context as an influence on Beethoven, thus it is legitimate.
        May I quote from the start of the thread I started on Berlioz?
        "I joined this forum to learn more about the mighty Ludwig van Beethoven – man and music. I joined the Mozartforum with a similar desire about the great Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Both forums (or should that be fora) rightly do not restrict discussion to just their eponymous composers since neither WAM nor LvB lived and worked in a vacuum. However, a high proportion of the bandwidth on this forum seems to have been taken up by an issue which is not only not about Beethoven, but is only, if you think about it, secondarily about music.
        I therefore introduce my post in a new thread with an apology that this might seem to be in a similar category".

I understand that the forum is also open to topics on "Classical music in general".

Well, at least there has been an end(?) to the endless posts about Haydn, Mozart, Luchesi et al.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank H:
          May I quote from the start of the thread I started on Berlioz?
          "I joined this forum to learn more about the mighty Ludwig van Beethoven – man and music. I joined the Mozartforum with a similar desire about the great Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Both forums (or should that be fora) rightly do not restrict discussion to just their eponymous composers since neither WAM nor LvB lived and worked in a vacuum. However, a high proportion of the bandwidth on this forum seems to have been taken up by an issue which is not only not about Beethoven, but is only, if you think about it, secondarily about music.
          I therefore introduce my post in a new thread with an apology that this might seem to be in a similar category".

I understand that the forum is also open to topics on "Classical music in general".

Well, at least there has been an end(?) to the endless posts about Haydn, Mozart, Luchesi et al.

Frank

Frank I was thinking about Robert Newman's posts regarding Berlioz's comments on Beethoven. But Mr Newman has gone quiet on us now for some reason, perhaps a Mozart fanatic has assassinated him?

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Elegischer Gesang op 118

Hi! I'm really interested in this work, can you put it again in the mp3's?

Comment

Originally posted by YUBERP View Post
              Hi! I'm really interested in this work, can you put it again in the mp3's?
              Well you've dug this one up from the past YUBERP! I'm afraid we no longer host mp3s due mainly to little interest being shown, so you could try itunes or Amazon. Naxos I think allow members to download.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
              X