The piano music of Mendelssohn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sorrano:
    Have you even heard the Mendelssohn? And I am NOT talking about the later e minor concerto.
    I forgot to mention, if you want an mp3 from the d minor I can email you a movement!

Rod

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      I forgot to mention, if you want an mp3 from the d minor I can email you a movement!

Rod

Thanks! I could go for that. I agree certainly that the e minor is superior to the d minor, but nonetheless, I was delighted in what I did hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
        Thanks! I could go for that. I agree certainly that the e minor is superior to the d minor, but nonetheless, I was delighted in what I did hear.
        I've emailed an mp3 to the address in your profile. By the way I think you should re-read my coments about the two concertos!

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Today I was listening to his second quartet (in A minor). Has anyone noticed how it begins just like Smetana's Vysehrad (first symphonic poem of Má Vlast)?

------------------
          "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."
          "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
            I've emailed an mp3 to the address in your profile. By the way I think you should re-read my coments about the two concertos!

I've re-read the posts you've made and sure enough I erred. You did not comment specifically on the e minor concerto, my appologies.

And thanks again for sending the mp3! I appreciate that!

Comment

Working...
            X