Walther Richter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walther Richter

Has anyone heard of Walther Richter? I have a recording of him conducting the Beethoven 3rd Symphony with the London Pro Musica Symphony Orchestra. I've quite liked it, but the tape has gone bad on me and I've been looking for a replacement. Since I have not found any references at all to Walther Richter I was wondering if he had become a long lost conductor?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Sorrano:
    Has anyone heard of Walther Richter? I have a recording of him conducting the Beethoven 3rd Symphony with the London Pro Musica Symphony Orchestra. I've quite liked it, but the tape has gone bad on me and I've been looking for a replacement. Since I have not found any references at all to Walther Richter I was wondering if he had become a long lost conductor?

Thanks!
    I can find lots of references to his recordings, such as http://www.austriancharts.at/showper...alther+Richterhere</a>

You might contact the orchestras he worked with, see if they have more information in their archives.

[This message has been edited by Droell (edited 02-26-2006).]

Comment

Thanks for the link! Not too up on my German, though, heh heh! And I think the only think I've even heard of regarding Richter is the recording I have of the Beethoven 3rd.

Comment

Hi,
        "Walther Richter" doesn´t exist in reality. Not the same the "London Pro Musica Symphony Orchestra". This names are fictional to avoid copyrights of conductors, orchestras and labels. There are many fictional conductors e.g. "Ernesto Cantelli", "Peter Haas", "Karl Jergens", "J. Randolph Jones" and many others. Pro Musica Symphony Orchestras "exist" in Hamburg, Berlin, London or New York; only on the cover of the LP.
        Now, at this very moment I am listening to the 5th symphony conducting by Walther Richter.

Comment

Originally posted by pwb65 View Post
          Hi,
          Now, at this very moment I am listening to the 5th symphony conducting by Walther Richter.
          Only 399 to go?

Comment

Working...
          X